Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am driving a Mystery Machine, This post is specific to one of the many issues I am having with this car.

I had my mechanic take my car to one of his colleagues to install a new transmission. Once I got the car back: the speedometer and odometer didn't work, the Hill Start Assist alert was on, the ABS and traction light was on. NONE of these issues were present before I gave the car to my mechanic. I did some research and found that it might be the wheel speed sensor (VSS), but it was all connected to the rear axle when I gave it to him prior. I suspect that it is connected since I drove it out of his garage, but I don't think it was reset (if that's even a thing that's required). I am in need of guidance to how to fix this issue ASAP. Any advice or solutions to such issues?

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
539 Posts
Hello everyone!
I am driving a Mystery Machine, This post is specific to one of the many issues I am having with this car.

I had my mechanic take my car to one of his colleagues to install a new transmission. Once I got the car back: the speedometer and odometer didn't work, the Hill Start Assist alert was on, the ABS and traction light was on. NONE of these issues were present before I gave the car to my mechanic. I did some research and found that it might be the wheel speed sensor (VSS), but it was all connected to the rear axle when I gave it to him prior. I suspect that it is connected since I drove it out of his garage, but I don't think it was reset (if that's even a thing that's required). I am in need of guidance to how to fix this issue ASAP. Any advice or solutions to such issues?
Take your car back to your mechanic, Who accepted your money to fix the problem but did not.

Reactions: Charles

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4x4
20,745 Posts
Take your car back to your mechanic, Who accepted your money to fix the problem but did not.
I agree with Mountain Escape that you need to take your Escape back to the mechanic. I would tell him all the issues that are occurring now that weren't prior to him/her "fixing" it.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
All the items mentioned are related to the wiring associated with R&R of a transmission. If you are lucky, it just means that the tech needs to connect the speed sensor, the tone ring(s) connector. If not, they may have been damaged when the work was done, and either the sensor or connectors will need repair.
While checking things, be sure that your reverse/backup lights work and if you have a in-dash display that shows your rearward path, that it is working too.
tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts