Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here compete in MECA? I know a few people around here have pretty good systems.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
jshak07 said:
Does anyone on here compete in MECA? I know a few people around here have pretty good systems.
Just IASCA. Not currently in competition though. I could be, if I had the time to go to shows. I try to build my systems to win regardless if I actually compete or not. I do disagree with a flat RTA output though. I tune for pleasure, not the flat bar graph.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I compete in DB drag, was at a show a few weeks ago that was DB drag/ IASCA... seemed cool and had way better rules!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What he said, find the frequency that will do the best in your vehicle by testing it on th emeter and if you have to play a song find a song that peaks at the frequency. Try to get you a box tuned to ~45-50 hz to perform the best score. TUning lower sounds better, but tuning higher scores better!
:) Good luck

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am competing in MECA and currently competing with (1) 15" Sundown Nightshade, (1) Sundown SAZ3000, (1) Deka 9A31 and (2) runs of 1/0 from front battery(stock) to Deka. Using a 1998 Ford Ranger since my Escape is being sold and have a box that is just under 3 cu ft with (4) 4" aeros and so far all I hit was a 144.9. But that is off 80 amps of fusing and the fuses popped before I could get my full score

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
02Xcape said:
just came back from Texas Heat Wave in Austin... got third place in stock class...
Hey as long as its not 3rd out of 3 people, I say "nice job!"

Especially with gear that is new to you.

You never did show your box design you came up with.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a car show Sunday and put up a 146.4 which is the top score in my class across the country! Was pretty excited to see that since it was car off, on music and did it off 80 amps of fusing! Also had the loudest single 15" sub out of the whole competition!
Here is a link to the event results and I ran Amateur Street 2
http://www.mecacaraudio.com/eventresult ... ventid=836

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.