Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to tell all Escape City members who are in the Southern California area affected by the wildfires to be safe and we are thinking about you all. :( :( :stop: :stop:

They were showing live video feed from the Yorba Linda and Brea area. I used to work in Brea and lived in Fullerton near Cal State Fullerton.

Too close for comfort!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I feel for those folks caught up in the firestorms. Seems like every couple of years the southern part of CA lights up. Aren't you glad your on the right coast now instead of the left coast?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
cbramsey said:
I want to tell all Escape City members who are in the Southern California area affected by the wildfires to be safe and we are thinking about you all. :(
Ditto !! :heart:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Indeed. Seems like an all too frequent occurance. :(

When we were flying back from LAX in September '02, the pilot had to announce over the tannoy system that any smoke we were smelling was due to the hills being on fire, and nothing to do with the plane! :worry: :lol:

I know it's destructive and dangerous, but at night, those hills looked beautiful all aflame. :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hope all the Californians are safe! :heart:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey everyone, southern Californian reporting in.

the fires have settled down quite a bit, the fire men have the upper hand and full containment is expected by tomorrow.

I will share these pictures with all of you that I took. I apologize for the poor quality, it was very windy, and the ash was really thick.

the fire was about 3/4 mile from my residence, we had to be evacuated the same night.

Packing up the escape....

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Thanks for checking in with us, Sidewinder!! Take care and we'll keep you in our thoughts!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm just fine. the fires are pretty much out. These photos were taken Saturday night.

·
Registered
261 Posts
thanks colleen, the fire department did a fantastic job.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I drove out to SF in July of 06. It was lovely, of course. I did notice that everything that time of year is brown and dry, except of course the evergreens...

On the return there were no less than three fires burning within sight of the highway. Helicopters, fire engines running all over the hills, firemen walking, digging, patting down the fire. Great billows of smoke. And those were just little brush fires. I can not imagine how terrible it can be. The photos are nice, but I suspect that they don't do the fires power any justice. :( :( :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts