Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!!! Today i just try to remplace the spark plugs of my '15 2.0 ecoboost and notice in spark 2 and 3 viewed from the front of the car it have oil on it. I dont remove the spark just the coil and it has oil on the bottom do you have any idea of what could be?
Spark 1 seems to be dry. The car some time ago almost run of cooling but the driver stop in time
For the knowledge when start the car after been stop for a while the rpm runs up and down for a pair of seconds then runs smothly
And sometimes its shows check accusing catalitic sensor or oxygen sensor dont remember well but its disapear by itself sorry my english i tried to be clear enough thanks

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The cam cover has seals at the bottom of the cavity where the COPs(coils) are located. The cams get oil and splash it all around under the cover. Oil will ruin the COP boots, causing misfire. The most common repair is to replace the cam cover gasket and the coil well gaskets. They are likely roundish rubbery rings on the COP chamber bottoms, and rubbery gasket in a groove in the underside of the cam cover edge. They are not real hard to do, and should be available at reasonably low cost.
If the boots have gotten oiled, they may cause misfire even after the oil is removed and the boots wiped and cleaned. The material may be affected by the oil and allow sparks to jump to the block instead of the plug.
tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts