Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I am new to this fourm. I just picked up a 2007 Mercury Mariner. The first upgrade i am looking to do is the Front door speakers. I purchased these http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086829CF/ ... html?tp=92 i am wondering how easy it the removal of the door to get to the speaker is there any steps that could help me also i am wondering if there was a way to tell which wires are the + or - on the factory wires. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I'm sure you will get an answer to this from someone that has the service DVDs shortly...You know...trying to figure out which is positive/negative has always been a mystery to me as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up a wire harness at best buy for 12 bucks so that should help thanks for ur replys. Is the a guide or a trick to removing the door cover to get to the speaker. Also anyone running the infinity kappas. Thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
how do they sound?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I run the Kappas in my ST -- only in 6.5" size. I have the 3-ways in Front, and 2-ways in Back. I bought them on closeout at Crutchfield last Fall. They sound quite nice -- crisp clear highs. I only have them off factory deck power, so they are currently limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts