Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing a squeak coming from the front end of my Mariner. I've noticed it when I am turning (left or right) and hit a bump or incline in the road. To be more specific, the road is either raised some what or you go over a drain, etc. The raise in the road isn't much. I have taken it to the dealer ship and they said everything looked fine but replaced some kind of bushing or something in the stabilizer link if I remember correctly. It didn't fix the problem and now it seems to be getting worse. Before I go back into the shop, does anyone have any advise or ideas on what it may be?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I get it too, although maybe it's a different squeak... when I'm driving down a bumpy road with walls (say a building or through a tunnel).

For my situation, I think it's the body panels being too tight, to be completely honest. Specifically, I think it's plastic rubbing against metal. Weird, but hear me out: someone posted on here about how a squeak was coming from the rear left and after removing and replacing the rear bumper, it was gone. I think he put something between the metal and plastic, but I don't remember. Strange, I know. I get the same problem, and I had my tech and advisor look at it to no avail.

Although, now that I think about it, maybe it's a shock issue.

For you, it sounds like a steering thing, but that was an early issue among Escapes... although maybe it's your struts?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Squeaks while turning can be caused by:
1/Stabilizer link rods worn bushings
2/Stabilizer bar worn bushings
3/Strut mounts
4/Strut mounts bearing
5/Tie rods
6/Steering column universal joint.
7/Car body flexes.
#2, 4 and 5 is where I would look first.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I will throw A-arm bushing in there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts