Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this site is totally awesome! (i'm also experimenting with the fonts as i'm not familiar with this type of communication. :confused: Anyway, thanks again for the help michaeljd1980 and squishy. and a shout out to futameca for the post that made me feel welcome and put a smile on my face, and motivated me to get the digital camera and took some quick pictures of her. i see that some of you have named your escape's, so i'm kicking around the name MO - out of respect for a great, wonderful woman. Michelle Obama i'm not sure if i should pronounce it moe or m.o. actually now that i'm putting this down in print, i believe i should consider Michelle. Any input would be appreciated, as i would not want to offend anyone.
My '08 xlt has a moonroof, which was a dealbreaker besides being a year old, has 14k miles, leather interior, and sirrus sat, which i extended the subscription. funny, it was about to run out in two days!
As i stated, i'm really loving this site and it has helped me research for aftermarket products as i desire performance and aesthetics. AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter should be arriving soon, and it's washable. i decided to stay away from the k&n, even though i have one on my '86 fxr. the stubby fm antenna information was great as that and a nice bug deflector are next. Any help with a reccomondation for a smoke in color and very resonably priced one will a thank you very mucho! and an irish good luck karma to you!

:wall: i give up! i can't figure out how to post my pics here!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I agree that this site is totally awesome! :) Glad you are here and hope the posting pics link helped you. :beer:

Oh, MO or Michele would be fine names for your Escape! :yes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much colleen and dasha! i've spent the last hour trying to do it by myself! lol! i enjoy a challenge, am not a computer wizard but learned a lot about them when i was in the military. thanks again! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
srvbb9 said:
thank you very much colleen and dasha! i've spent the last hour trying to do it by myself! lol! i enjoy a challenge, am not a computer wizard but learned a lot about them when i was in the military. thanks again! :yahoo:
No problem!! :) And since you must like Stevie Ray Vaughan, here's a pic for you. If you're ever in Austin, you can see it in person. :D

Another view.....

RIP, Austin's own!!!! :heart:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you both so very much! i'm not having a good eve on the web tonight, so i believe i'll try again tomorrow and get some pics up. i took a couple of quick ones this eve, and i'd like to take some better ones tomorrow. Thanks for the great link colleen. I can see why you were voted most friendliest person on this wonderful site! :rockon:

dasha, i didn't see the second pic until later, and my heart about dropped. Much thanks to you. i miss stevie so, why are all the earthly angels taken from us so early. i can't even imagine the wonderful notes he'd be putting on record.

And i really appreciate the input on my naming.

Well thank you both again. more to follow... :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
srvbb9 said:
dasha, i didn't see the second pic until later, and my heart about dropped. Much thanks to you. i miss stevie so, why are all the earthly angels taken from us so early. i can't even imagine the wonderful notes he'd be putting on record.
S.R.V. was amazing. My brother was lucky enough to see him live. Before he died, I was hoping to see him on his next tour. I still remember where I was when I heard the news. I was at work listening to the radio and after a song ended the DJ said "We have some really sad news..." I teared up. No one could or can play with the combination of speed and feeling that S.R.V. did. Hendrix was probably closest. S.R.V. was like Eric Clapton x10. I still think about all the amazing music he could have made... Oh well... RIP S.R.V.

PS - That statue is really cool Dasha. If I ever make my way to Austin, I'll have to find it and get a picture of me standing next to it.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
RobtRoma said:
PS - That statue is really cool Dasha. If I ever make my way to Austin, I'll have to find it and get a picture of me standing next to it.
:thumb: :thumb: Plus you can get some real Tex-Mex food!!!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Dasha said:
Plus you can get some real Tex-Mex food!!!
Hey... what's wrong with the Jer-Mex food? ;-| :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
the SRV statue is great and if anyone does visit, you can go a few blocks over and watch the bats leaving the South Congress bridge and then go to the Continental Club where SRV performed at.

This part of Austin is a really great place to visit in the evenings. Especially on the first thursday of every month. its a block party!

I am biased since i do live on South Congress :blush:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Here it is, I fixed the link for you. :) I also sent you a pm.

Looks good, btw!!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Here for your viewing pleasure......srvbb9's pics!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Just a note: Imageshack will delete your pictures if no one views them for over a year. I had some early How-To articles with Imageshack pictures and I had to re-do a bunch of them with Photobucket because the pictures started to disappear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you very much Dasha! Great people on this site! As you can see m.o. needs a bath, you can't see the moonroof, and she's a v6. I see that yours, Colleen, is the same year! Did you do some lift kit mods? Looks like yours sits higher. Then again it may be the nice angle of the pic you took. The labrador retriever in the pic is "Paddy." She's my dad's (who lives next door) And she looks like she has a look on her face that says..."i approve of this choice!"

i'm also wondering if imageshak will let me transfer the pics directly as Dasha did for me. Seems like i can only copy and paste the links. I can't figure out how to transfer the image itself. Again, here I am, needing help!

To all that have assisted me, this pbr is for you! :beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts