Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i just installed a stainless steel exhaust tip. I welded it on even though i wanted to replace my exhaust but thats to much money right now. Anyway i want to keep it nice and shiny and i was wondering how to do so. What products have you used or would recommend. I know you can use stainless steel cleaner but is it better to use chrome wheel wax or something like that. Thanks to all who respond and dont worry i will have pictures very soon it was just raining cats and dogs today so i couldnt get a picture after the install.

·
Registered
679 Posts
always used any type of car wax. I had paste wax lying around and always used that on my door handles grilles and tip.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
kflakes15 said:
Hey guys so i just installed a stainless steel exhaust tip. I welded it on even though i wanted to replace my exhaust but thats to much money right now. Anyway i want to keep it nice and shiny and i was wondering how to do so. What products have you used or would recommend. I know you can use stainless steel cleaner but is it better to use chrome wheel wax or something like that. Thanks to all who respond and dont worry i will have pictures very soon it was just raining cats and dogs today so i couldnt get a picture after the install.
I used Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish. It's a cotton wadding packed in a can with a polish in it. I used it on the aluminum wheels and stainless exhaust tips on my Mustang and it worked great. Highly recommended.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts