Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my false floor project when I had the day off on Wed. (Thanks to Fourthmeal -- and his build logs, and suggestions to others.) On to the pics:

Used up some edead (which I purchased before I knew!), and added Sounddeadenershowdown tiles:

Added CCF to prevent rattles (also from Sounddeadenershowdown). Now I know the next step would be to add MLV, but I'm slim on space (depth) for this project -- and it's mainly the wifey's ride :lol: .

Sub box made of MDF (left over from another project). No -- I do not have a router to cut perfect holes. An Earthquake SWS12 will reside here = 3" mounting depth.

Floor & Frame -- made from 1/2" plywood and 2x4s ripped, deck screws countersunk:

Completely stealth -- with OEM carpet -- no loss of space:

I'lll keep adding to this thread. Next steps include: purchasing and installing amp (in same location), making a grill in the floor for the sub, etc.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow thats freakin sweet :clap: :clap: I wish we old farts had that extra battery space instead of some dougnut spare :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice I like, Its sinple and easty.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That is awesome. I love the rear mods. I really wish my Escape came with the wet trunk option simply to have a tiny bit of room to store additional stuff. I don't need to make room for audio as much as I wish I had room for little things like cleaner stuff, rags, first aid kit etc. I may get creative and do some cut-outs of the plastic fake floor and inser in a few "bins". Something similar to the jack storage section. Would need to find the proper depth bins and flush mount it. But these rear trunk projects are very cool and inventive.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not bad! You have a nice start there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Couple things I noticed... you mentioned you want to cut a subwoofer grille into the floor. This won't be necessary at all. If you take advantage of what I did in my #2 build, you'll notice that there is enough open space behind the rear seat backs, and you won't need to cut a grille. You may want to redirect some of the bass that direction via some wood and some gasket material so that whole structure doesn't vibrate with your sub, but it is definitely doable. you could remove those pieces of wood facing the rear seats for instance, and probably be in great shape. Bass frequencies don't mind going through a few twists and turns to be heard. :)

Also Stereo Integrity 12" BM subs are starting production soon. They sound very musical and they have 14mm of xmax, and best of all they are 3", and .5 cubic feet-friendly. I'm ordering a pair ASAP because I want to return to a false floor soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts