Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Very nice, I just did my floor over the weekend with Second Skin's Damplifier pro and Luxury Liner pro. Huge difference and I still have to do the doors and lift gate.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Excellent!

Big fan of new new BXTII. Not really thick like Don's CLD tiles nor SS's stuff, but still well made. I think the ultimate bang-for-the-buck would be to run BXTII all over, then run some heavy CLD tiles from Don or SS over the important parts that you want DEAD. Then of course foam and MLV as needed.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice. Post up some pics if you can. The rear cargo makes a great difference. I think the doors made the biggest difference for music sound quality for me. But killing the rear tire noise in the rear quarters really helps out just driving along. I would love to get into a "stock" Escape and drive around then then get back in mine. I am so used to it now, I forget how much improvement sound deadening offers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
take pictures and let us know where you run into tough spots. Just starting my audio project and sound deadening is my b day present in september.would like to know what I'm getting into.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would deaden the roof last personally. Road noise comes in the doors, rear panels, through the floor and the firewall areas. Not a lot of noise comes through the roof compared to those places. Sound deadening does take a while and there are lots of good and bad products out there. I will confirm that Don's products on sounddeadershowdown.com work very well. Take the time to do it right and you will be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts