Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody.

Once again, I'm taking on a near impossible task...

In the coming days, I plan to install a remote start in my Escape. I purchased an Excalibur RS210-DP remote start with a PATS bypass module.

My problem is this... The last time I did a remote start/car alarm was 10 years ago on a 93 Taurus. Today I pulled the access cover under the steering wheel and everything looks far from what I remember.

I understand that technology has changed a lot for ford, and they design things much differently, but with the proper wiring schematic, I can do the job.

With the remote start I got a generic diagram which does no justice. I can't seem to find any diagrams online, and felt that it would be a good idea to pick the brains of the great people of Escape-City.

So far I have been able to find out the answers to all of my questions about my Escape by either searching this site, or asking for help.

If anyone has a schematic or diagram for the steering column and related harnesses, I would be grateful.

Thanks Again
Don P.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jpark said:
Sorry for the delay. I missed this one.

These two diagrams should get you started. Please let me know if you need anything else!

FYI, the Battery Junction box is under the hood, toward the front of the driver side fender. The Smart Junction Box is attached to the fuse panel, under the front of the center console

Ok.

Thanks for the diagrams, I finished the remote start on Monday. It works great, What a pain in the butt though. I'm no expert, but this isn't the first alarm/remote start install I have done. But it took me the better part of the day to install this unit. Of course there were some breaks here and there... I don't think I will be doing any more remote start installs anytime soon.

My knees are still killing me. I'm 6'4" tall, the Escape doesn't have much room under the dash for a big guy like me to be crawling around under there. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.