Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like they are out there now. Given that, and that you lose sync with aftermarket deck, and that some aftermarket decks have bluetooth for hand free and all built in......do those interface units make use of ALL the steering wheel controls? I dont want to pick something like that up with a deck with bluetooth and all just to end up with the basic vol +/- and fwd/bck controls working but the phone button and all not. So can they make use of everything there, or would I end up with some dead keys?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only button that is "dead" is my sync button. Other than that, everything else works. If you are thinking about getting the SWI-JACK, just be careful with the resistor you have to soldier; the legs are quite fragile.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Strejcek,

Which brand HU do you have? I've been curious about the SWI-JACK myself (in my other ride). I have a JVC HU, and really miss the steering controls. Do you notice a delay with the SWI-JACK? I've read mixed reviews. Some state there is a 1-2 second delay when you push your steering wheel button.

As far as the buttons go, I think you can program them, but are limited per manufacturer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a KW DNX-5120. There is a slight delay, but definitely not 1-2 seconds. The only quirk I have with the SWI-JACK controller is that it doesn't like going backward if I'm trying to go through a CD or USB playlist. Other than that, the steering wheel controls work great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the review. I really miss the controls. I may have to pick one up. Do you have to install it behind your HU, or can it be under dash? I really am out of space behind HU. I have a difficult time getting it to lock in place whenever I remove it. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.