Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a 2010 Fusion steering wheel fit a Ford Escape? it seems like most of the mid-size Ford/Mercury/Lincoln steering wheels are approximately the same size

·
Registered
71 Posts
No idea...but I'll bite...why?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'd be interesting to see a steering wheel with silver trim to match the rest of the silver bits in my car.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
My first guess is to say yes, since Ford has consolidated a lot of its controls recently. The Fusion and Escape also use the same multifunction lever.

But until I get 2009 and 2010 service DVDs, I'm going to say "probably".

And it's not that ridiculous. I notice things like this all the time! When my 2010 Limited finally arrives, I may swap out the piano black control trim parts for the factory silver parts.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm buying your center piece from you... or we can trade. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
My center piece will have a Ford factory navigation system stuffed into it, so that won't work.

:doh:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the vent piece?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'll have to think about it after I live with it for a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense. No pressue.... :hyst:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hard to say. I wanna say Ford is 'cheap' and makes multi use parts, but I know for the 08 Escape there's 2 different wheels, not interchangable. I forget what the deal is, but it has to do with the spines as well as other things.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JP... update?

·
Registered
700 Posts
08HybridOK said:
Hard to say. I wanna say Ford is 'cheap' and makes multi use parts, but I know for the 08 Escape there's 2 different wheels, not interchangable. I forget what the deal is, but it has to do with the spines as well as other things.
I would not consider it "cheap" if Ford used the same steering wheel across multiple models and platforms. That is just good manufacturing practice. The less variability in you products insures better quality and is easier on your supply chain. Not to mention that it does result in a cheaper (but not cheap) price per product (both component and final assembly).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts