Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ford Maverick XLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I own a 2004 Ford Maverick XLT.
Recently I've discovered that when you are gassing the car and then you suddenly stop at like a red light, the rpms get stuck at like 2500-3000 but my foot is off the gas, sometimes I just have to give it a small kick and it would go back to normal idle but sometimes it goes away on its own, is there a fix for this?

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
495 Posts
Hey, I own a 2004 Ford Maverick XLT.
Recently I've discovered that when you are gassing the car and then you suddenly stop at like a red light, the rpms get stuck at like 2500-3000 but my foot is off the gas, sometimes I just have to give it a small kick and it would go back to normal idle but sometimes it goes away on its own, is there a fix for this?
I agree with scooter, you may only need to clean your throttlebody. Do not use carburetor cleaner, brake cleaner

next step is hooking up a code reader, and see if your getting weird readings from any of your sensors.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also check the plastic intake cover, the throttle cable might be binding on it. Remove the cover for now, (three nuts) and see if the issue goes away. There was a recall on increasing the length of one of the intake cover posts to avoid this issue.

·
Registered
2004 Ford Maverick XLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also check the plastic intake cover, the throttle cable might be binding on it. Remove the cover for now, (three nuts) and see if the issue goes away. There was a recall on increasing the length of one of the intake cover posts to avoid this issue.
Im going to take it to a ford dealership and see what they can do

·
Registered
2004 Ford Maverick XLT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I agree with scooter, you may only need to clean your throttlebody. Do not use carburetor cleaner, brake cleaner

next step is hooking up a code reader, and see if your getting weird readings from any of your sensors.
Im not the best self mechanic kind of thing, although ill take your word and try to find the items since SCOOTER had sent a link to Walmart and i dont think they ship overseas, especially to Greece. But I'm still going to take it to ford, you never know if they will say something else instead of the mechanic who said its a factory fault and there is nothing wrong with the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts