Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Escape with the premium sound system and yesterday, I wanted to check out how good/bad the stock sub was so I played some music and went to the back to see how the stock sub sounds. OMG, it's horrible so I'm wondering if it's defective? I've always gotten halfway decent bass but now I found that 99% if not more of that is coming from the door speakers. The sound I heard coming from the stock sub was nothing more than a distorted, muffled sound...it almost sounded like someting was out of phase, or if the sub was blown. Just curious if any of you other premium sound system owners get somewhat decent bass out of the stock sub or if what I'm getting is the norm? Honestly, the way the stock sub sounds right now is so bad that it's a non-player in the system.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds about right for the stock sub, honestly. I couldn't stand it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fourthmeal said:
Sounds about right for the stock sub, honestly. I couldn't stand it.
If what I'm getting out of it is normal, then what a total waste :rant:

In your opinion, in the interim until I get this vehicle back to the states, would a Kicker 8" sub with the existing stock amp make any difference?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes it would. Also, I've had the shop I deal with say that the stock sub box would get great results with an 8" Menphis subwoofer, and a Soundstream Stealth series amp to drive it. This is likely going to be what I wanna do with my stock system.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just make sure it is sealed well to the enclosure (might need a new front baffle) and make sure the plastic around it is properly damped and foam decoupled so it doesn't add to the sound in a bad way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts