Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:
This is my first post on EC, so I want to say thank you in advance for the help! (I will get some pics of my truck up here soon). Anyway, my question I have is, does anyone know the size of the stock sub in the 2001 Escapes with the Mach audio system? I recently finally broke down and upgraded the deck from the 6 Disk Changer, even though I tired everything else (line out converters etc.) and to my surprize, the new deck makes the MACH system sound GREAT! So my next idea was to upgrade the standard sub with an after market sub that could handle the power more effectively, but still be hidden in the same location. Any ideas?
Thanks!

--------
2001 Ford Escape XLT 4x4
The first Escape bought in the Capital District! =)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Are you planing to upgrade the amp as well? or you just want to replace the stock sub?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MidnightTribute said:
Are you planing to upgrade the amp as well? or you just want to replace the stock sub?
I was planning on just the speaker itself, but I'm not against the amp as well, my overall goal is not to lose cargo space....(I've got a 12 inch Blaupunkt sub w/ amp in a box just sitting in my house, becuase it just takes up WAYYY to much room)

·
Registered
223 Posts
ya because I don't know how much you will really gain just switching speakers... Stock decks do severely limit power but I'm not sure just how much on a stock sub. Surfscape has a way better way to go about it... Unless you could fit an amp somewhere and then swap woofers that might work

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
is your original 6disk for sale? mine keeps jamming up on me, and im not sure what route i want to go for a replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts