Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying everything from water/alcohol/ammonia to Windex and all the rest (just about). This, I have found IMO, works the best. Spray it on and wipe off with a cotton towel. It really cleans the glass the first time, with no streaks. Exception, due to heavy use this winter of the rear defogger (safe to use on) I had to go it over twice. It is my understanding that it has 2 or 3 different alcohols in it. It comes in an aerosol or squirt bottle. Also it is a bit pricey compared to household glass cleaners. But it gets the glass invisibly clean.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
PollKat said:
After trying everything from water/alcohol/ammonia to Windex and all the rest (just about). This, I have found IMO, works the best. Spray it on and wipe off with a cotton towel. It really cleans the glass the first time, with no streaks. Exception, due to heavy use this winter of the rear defogger (safe to use on) I had to go it over twice. It is my understanding that it has 2 or 3 different alcohols in it. It comes in an aerosol or squirt bottle. Also it is a bit pricey compared to household glass cleaners. But it gets the glass invisibly clean.
Stoner invisable glass cleaner?? That must be some killer stuff there dude...Does it mention anything about inhaling the aerosol spray?.....pssst, where can I some :woohoo:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
PollKat said:
After trying everything from water/alcohol/ammonia to Windex and all the rest (just about). This, I have found IMO, works the best. Spray it on and wipe off with a cotton towel. It really cleans the glass the first time, with no streaks. Exception, due to heavy use this winter of the rear defogger (safe to use on) I had to go it over twice. It is my understanding that it has 2 or 3 different alcohols in it. It comes in an aerosol or squirt bottle. Also it is a bit pricey compared to household glass cleaners. But it gets the glass invisibly clean.
Thanks for the tip PK !! :) I will buy some and give it a try !! :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MadMax said:
Stoner invisable glass cleaner?? That must be some killer stuff there dude...Does it mention anything about inhaling the aerosol spray?.....pssst, where can I some :woohoo:
Well, there is a warning on the back. But it's to small for me to read. :shades: You can buy it at Autozone, Advance-auto and I do believe WallyWorld sells it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
PollKat said:
MadMax said:
Stoner invisable glass cleaner?? That must be some killer stuff there dude...Does it mention anything about inhaling the aerosol spray?.....pssst, where can I some :woohoo:
Well, there is a warning on the back. But it's to small for me to read. :shades: You can buy it at Autozone, Advance-auto and I do believe WallyWorld sells it.
....I'm off to Wallyworld. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Stoners is the best period.

A pro detailer turned me on to it a few years ago & it's all I've ever used since.

~John
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
jmorton10 said:
Stoners is the best period.

A pro detailer turned me on to it a few years ago & it's all I've ever used since.

~John
I feel an intervention is in order. :shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
MadMax said:
jmorton10 said:
Stoners is the best period.

A pro detailer turned me on to it a few years ago & it's all I've ever used since.

~John
I feel an intervention is in order. :shades:
D'oh! Now you're forewarned him!

Should have just invited John over to detail your Trib, then. WHAMMO! In the sack off to Betty...Sorry...Henry Ford. :thumb:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
No problem. I'll just tell him that Amy Winehouse wants to help him "clean his windows"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Hi Tribby and Lathan. Do we have a similar product down under? Lathan mentioned that " Silvo" can be used on glass. Haven't tried it yet, as i'm not sure on how to apply it. What sort of materials? Cloth? Chux wipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
Hey there Stone.

The best glass cleaner I have used is Mototech Glass Cleaner.
It is around $2.50 a can and can be found at any Repco store ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
enhance the cleaning ability by removing with a microfiber towel - it sucks the stuff out and leaves the glass even streaker-free.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Thanks ! Shall experiment with the products you both recommend. The Mototech cleaner plus a microfiber towel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
stone said:
Do we have a similar product down under? Lathan mentioned that " Silvo" can be used on glass.
Silvo states that its metal polish "contains no harsh abrasives", but it sounds like it DOES contain mild/medium abrasives.

As an alternative, try the following:

To get the film off of the inside of your windshield, or to polish and remove minor scratches on the outside, mix 50/50: spray window cleaner ("Windex") and REAL chrome polish (the old-fashioned stuff that contains abrasives, NOT the "safe for any finish" type).

For the inside film, apply with a cloth by hand, wipe off, and go over it again with any straight window cleaner

For the outside, either apply (vigorously) by hand, or use a rotary polisher with wool bonnet. Mask any rubber or paint around the glass since it will be marred with this.

Equal to the more expensive brew (Zaino).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I do a lot of vehicle detailing and am always on the lookout for better products, so about a year ago, I purchased this Invisible Glass and I do not like it. I find it cleans OK, but leaves a residue on the glass that shows up a few days later in the form of a foggy coating.

So, I am back to using Windex, and news paper instead of a cloth. Seems to work best for me.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
abusch said:
I do a lot of vehicle detailing and am always on the lookout for better products, so about a year ago, I purchased this Invisible Glass and I do not like it. I find it cleans OK, but leaves a residue on the glass that shows up a few days later in the form of a foggy coating.

So, I am back to using Windex, and news paper instead of a cloth. Seems to work best for me.
I had a similar experience when I tried it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MadMax said:
abusch said:
I do a lot of vehicle detailing and am always on the lookout for better products, so about a year ago, I purchased this Invisible Glass and I do not like it. I find it cleans OK, but leaves a residue on the glass that shows up a few days later in the form of a foggy coating.

So, I am back to using Windex, and news paper instead of a cloth. Seems to work best for me.
I had a similar experience when I tried it.
I can't figure that out. (foggy coating) I use 100% cotton wash cloths. No fabric softener and white vinegar in the first rinse. I will get, an occasional streak. But that is, because of me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
I wipe down the interior glass with the damp towel that I used to dry the outside of the car/truck. Not a single streak, but then I wipe till I am dry and use a cotton towel that is home laundered, and dried without a fabric softener sheet.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top