Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the Invisible Glass aerosols that were mentioned by another board member, Stoner makes a lot of products that work, and work well. These ones are no exception...

I use Trim Shine on my exterior mirrors, the plastic mouldings on the rear doors, the front grille, and even the lower air diffuser at the bottom of the front bumper. This stuff makes all of my exterior plastics look nice and rich and dark black, the way they should to compliment a wax job. I also use it on my interior plastics too (dash, console, doors, rear interior 1/4 panels, etc), and for both the inside, and the outside, I just use Scott Shop Towels to apply the Trim Shine. Just spray it on the shop towel, and then rub the product onto the plastic with small, gentle cirlces and strokes. Easy to apply, and any overspray on glass or other materials you don't want the Trim Shine on, just wipe off with a clean/new shop towel or microfibre cloth, and you are good to go. On the exterior, it lasts upto a week or more on the mirrors and front grille, and on the interior, it can last upto 2 weeks, and DOES NOT "Gas-off" onto the interior glass like Armour All or other products do.

Definately a good product, and I usually buy a new can or two of it at the same time as invisible glass...

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like the Stoner's Trim Shine, but their Vinyl & Plastic Spray Coating was a waste of money IMHO. One week is unsatisfactory. Generic furniture polish works just as good & is a lot cheaper at ~ $2.79/can.

Edit: I use the liquid Trim Shine that comes in a bottle. I'd guess that the aerosol wouldn't impart enough product onto the surface.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
hurk said:
I like the Stoner's Trim Shine, but their Vinyl & Plastic Spray Coating was a waste of money IMHO. One week is unsatisfactory. Generic furniture polish works just as good & is a lot cheaper at ~ $2.79/can.
Same thought, and if it's evaporating, it certainly is gassing off...it may not be sticking to your interior surfaces though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It seems like the Stoner's aerosol spray coating doesn't impart enough product onto the surface - I've only used it on the exterior plastic. However, it is easy to apply & makes the plastic look real good - until it rains or if the car gets washed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I purchased this stuff a while back, (trim shine) because of another member here recommended the brand name for cleaning windows, so I thought why not try it on trim, and secondly the ford escape on the can sealed the deal.

But I didn't really like the way it turned out, smells strong too, so I was afraid of getting overspray all over the place in case it eats away at paint or something.
I only used it once. It says spray it on and leave it, on the can, we sprayed a bit on the bumper and used a rag to wipe it on, the aerosol can doesnt seem to be the best idea, especially for the interior, because of overspray.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I love Trim Shine. It's becoming more difficult to find around here. Duragloss Ultimate Detail Spray is very similar, but more $$. I also use it (Trim Shin) to detail the engine compartment -- since most items are black plastic/rubber. I don't ever use it on interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts