Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, went out to start up the e today and started up ran like it should.. but there is a weird sound comin from passenger side front almost like a power stering pump humming sound, but i know its not the problem, does anyone have an idea of what this might be every thing looks ok

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Hey there. I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough. But it might be helpful to give more details. Like when do you hear the sound? All the time? When in park? Moving from a stop? Also besides what you already gave what does it sound more like? All this would be very helpful to our knowledable members who know a lot more than I do haha. Good luck on figuring this issue out and let us know if you find anything out!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
A humming noise coming from the passenger side of the engine would have me think and look:
1/Power steering pump
2/Air condition compressor
3/Yes you guessed it...the alternator!!!
Power steering pump is the least factor for a 2008 car.
AC compressor... turn off the AC and see what happens.
Alternator...Does the noise pitch changes to higher or dissappears when revs get higher?

It might be a 2008 vehicle but before anything I would check the belt on that side of the engine.
Please, keep us posted. :beer:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
Hey there. I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm sure someone will chime in soon enough. But it might be helpful to give more details. Like when do you hear the sound? All the time? When in park? Moving from a stop? Also besides what you already gave what does it sound more like? All this would be very helpful to our knowledable members who know a lot more than I do haha. Good luck on figuring this issue out and let us know if you find anything out!
You forgot the most crucial alternative.
Does the noise goes away when your mother-in-law gets off the car?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The 08's have an electronic power steering, so your right thats not the problem. I had that problem one time where it started up on a cold day and immediatly turned it off, inspected and restarted. There was no problem after that, even after that time the weather got colder and has never happened after that. I suspect it was S-Belt slipping in the AC compressor or the alternator. Hopefuly thats what the only time for you too or is it still happening?

2008_xltduratec said:
hello, went out to start up the e today and started up ran like it should.. but there is a weird sound comin from passenger side front almost like a power stering pump humming sound, but i know its not the problem, does anyone have an idea of what this might be every thing looks ok

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is still doing it, it is when ever the engine is running,yes it does seem to get louder as the revs go higher, but i still have warranty so i made a apointment for tuesday so we will see what they tell me

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
SUVord said:
Ean-The-Escape said:
:hyst: :hyst: :clap: I don't have one of those... yet.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
2008_xltduratec said:
it is still doing it, it is when ever the engine is running,yes it does seem to get louder as the revs go higher, but i still have warranty so i made a apointment for tuesday so we will see what they tell me
I hope everything goes well and please let us know of the outcome.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
SUVord said:
Ean-The-Escape said:
:hyst: :hyst: :clap: I don't have one of those... yet.
...laugh while you still can!Postpone the inevitable question:What is this?
PS.:I love my mother in law.She is great, understanding and considerate.I wish my son will be as lucky as I have been.
Now, how is that rerwiting goes?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok update, today sucked,found out the problem its a blown ac compressor clutch, no warranty $650, and to top it off my registration and licence were expired in october, good thing i barely drive anywhere

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
2008_xltduratec said:
ok update, today sucked,found out the problem its a blown ac compressor clutch, no warranty $650, and to top it off my registration and licence were expired in october, good thing i barely drive anywhere
I trully feel for you,
Hopefully, these are things that can be fixed sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
2008_xltduratec said:
Why wouldn't that be covered under warranty? Are you over 36k miles? As for the license, in Iowa, you get 60 days past the date of your expiration to renew, so it's not that big of a problem, is it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im under on the miles but the time is up, and over here it is a big no no to drive with out a licence

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
2008_xltduratec said:
im under on the miles but the time is up, and over here it is a big no no to drive with out a licence
So, I take it you bought your '08 back at the end of '07 then? That sucks, man. As for the license, it is also very bad to drive without any license at all here in Iowa (that's not what I'm talking about), but they don't give you any amount of time after the expiration date to renew it?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
slavrenz said:
2008_xltduratec said:
So, I take it you bought your '08 back at the end of '07 then? That sucks, man. As for the license, it is also very bad to drive without any license at all here in Iowa (that's not what I'm talking about), but they don't give you any amount of time after the expiration date to renew it?
As for the A/C compressor, either try a salvage yard or go to RockAuto.com. They have two different Motorcraft compressors listed for under $300. You just need to figure out which one you need.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update, took her in today after a few weeks of bickering with the dealership turns out the parts guy and service manager just aout got fired over this, and they were swrewing over other customers aswell as overcharging the sales department when they brought in a used vehicle, now its around $300 not $700 :rockon: , when i got there they were really kissing my a$$ and gave me a 2010 fusion se 4 banger with 10 000 km on it to use while my e gets fixed, i gota say that fusion is a very nice car to drive :)P :)P

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Crazy how that works. I test drove a Fusion Sport... those are nice. enjoy the ride

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
got back my e today :D , dealership was good price was good im happy now, even tho i had the bickering before

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.