Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news lately about strike anywhere matches? I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE here in MN or neighboring WI. Diamond, the brand I have used for years seems to not be available anymore, but their site says it's still manufactured. I thought I heard something about a federal mandate regarding these type of matches, but I can't find any news articles... Around the nation, do you guys still have it around?

If it's a scarce thing, I'm buying a case. Talk about handy!!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
We still have them over here :yahoo: :yahoo:

(Not much use to me though, since wifey has decided that I quit smoking............... :rant: :cuss: )

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Any recent changes to your State fire code? Strike-anywhere matches are classed as 'dangrous goods' so there may be restrictions on their storage. It also makes them a lot more expensive to transport, so maybe your stores have just given up on getting shipments.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I used to have a lot of fun with those as a kid. Match fights, throwing them down on the driveways. I have to admit, I' ve been taken with technology and now only use the point and click lighter.

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
I keep a few boxes of them around for camping/fishing, lighting the lanterns. Hard to find around here, but not impossible. I used to work for a food distribution company and they stopped stocking them because it boosted their insurance.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
We can still buy them here in Montana. Maybe you should carry a Flint and Steel with some char cloth. :shades:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i get them for free at work, also can get waterproof ones that are coated in a thin layer of wax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts