Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know a way of getting a stiffer ride from a strut. I used KYB and Monroe on one of my 4X4, several years ago however they were both made for light to medium off-road use. As far as the stock KYB strut goes for those of you that have switched, what is the difference in stiffness compared to the OME strut. Mild,or moderate? I'm looking for a way to get as close of a true solid axle feel as possible. with the new rancho rear shocks installed I can adjust them to equal a semi stiff strut.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The only way to increase the stiffness of the dampner would be through a change in the valving internal to the shock / strut. I wonder if there is a company out there that offers any thing like a variable rate dampner for the Escape [I haven't looked]

The other thing worth investigating is a spring company that could custom make some new coils for the escape [longer or same length] with a higher spring constant. That would stiffen up the ride real nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.