Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Escape, can anybody give me advice about putting in a sub box that wont take up cargo space??
Are there any boxes made for this application??

·
Registered
280 Posts
There aren't any premade boxes you can buy as far as I'm aware, but you should look up the false floor threads made here by the user fourthmeal. From my understanding, the 2005 and up E/M/T have a large plastic spacer that makes up the cargo floor. Removing that plastic space and building your own floor gives you space for a subwoofer box and amp storage. In hybrid models, this is where the battery would go. In older models like mine, the spare tire is stored under that floor. In your Escape, the spare tire is under the vehicle (again, probably to make room for a battery on the hybrid models).

So, remove the carpet and plastic floor from your cargo area and see how much space that gives you.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hoofer said:
Thanks,
I plan on doing that tomorrow.
I can come up with a gameplan or two for you. Take pics of your cargo area, and let me know if you are willing to give up your spare tire area.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will be selling my JL stealthbox for $200 plus shipping as soon as the next batch of Stereo Integrity BM's come out, which (hopefully) should be toward the end of this month.

mentalcase has first dibs but if you are interested let me know and you can be #2 in the event mentalcase doesn't want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts