Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Sub forums/ categories for different model years

• Yes this is a good idea, i would appreciate categories to make searching easier

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No this is a stupid idea who would ever like this idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it doesnt matter really

Votes: 4 25.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just thought i would suggest having a sub forum/ category for the different model, years when there was a definitive model change, like the 2001-2006 and a 2007-2010 (i think that is when the major changes happened) just a suggestion maybe yes maybe no. sometimes i dont like reading about escapes that arent like mine ecause it is irrelevant to me. it would make the site easier to navigate. like bimmerforums.com. ill make a poll with my new found poll skills see what people think.

:wave:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, this is a great idea, although we'll need to figure out how to make searches include info like this. I still plan on putting together a front page for the forum, showing the different generations for Escapes, Mavericks, Mariners, and Tributes from all over the world.

In North America, there are really three generations: 2001-2004, 2005-2007, and 2008-?. The 2008+ North American models are also exported to Korea.

The UK Maverick was assembled in Japan and exported to the UK only for the 2001-2004 model years. And in most other parts of the world, the Escape, Maverick, and Tribute are still based on the major internal revisions made for the 2005 North American models, but other revisions were made in years different from North America's. Since we have many E/M/T owners from outside North America, this is the part that we'll need to think about for search rules.

I'd also like to change some of the pages that allow users to customize their profiles. It's much easier for someone to answer a question about an E/M/T if the year, model, engine, and member location are included, so I'd like to encourage people to have that info in their profiles.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a good one!

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I'm kind of on the fence about this one. There were quite a few changes throughout the years, especially if you count the international models. 2001-2004 NA, 2005-2007 NA, 2008 NA, 2009-2010 NA, 2001-2004 EU (Maverick), 2005 EU, 2001-2006 Taiwan, 2007-2008 Taiwan, 2009-2010 Taiwan. I'm not sure if the membership numbers can support so many subforums yet, and I never really liked having to scroll much to see all the forums.

It might be easier to make the "Vehicle" profile field a required field.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That's (sort of) what I was saying.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Not really a fan of the sub forum concept, at least here. If we had 15K members, definitely! But, alas, we don't. I beleive it would be in the best interest of everyone to remain under one grouping until we reach greater numbers, mostly to support the idea. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i sure its not hard t categorize these escapes. maybe this is what the forum needs to get those unmber that everyone is taking that were so low on. soo maybe everyone with and escape would come to just escape city instead of other escape forums. glad im not the only one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.