Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always add a sub to my cars as I can't live without FEELING the music :lol: But I bought the SUV to haul my stuff so I did not want to loose the cargo space to a big box. MTX makes a thunderforms 1 cubic foot box that fits on the side panel. The starting cost less than $200 on e-bay and come in the standard interior colors. They can be ordered with or without the driver or amp installed. The fit is very good and they sound incredible even using the stock head unit.

The 2001-2004 model can be used in the 2005-2007 with some reasonable cutting of the panel (which is invisible when the box is installed and secured.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Does anyone have a writeup or some pictures of how this can fit in a 2005-2007 Escape? This is something that really caught my eye and would be great if I knew what I was getting myself into...

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay scoot,

I have not done the mod but heard from someone that has.

The back of the sub box has a square bump that fits into the indentation on the panel.

Depending on the configuration of the 01-04s panel area there is also the possibility to need to trim on those years. I had to removed the plastic "pocket" from mine to get it to fit, but once it is in you can't see the effected area.

In the 05-07 the trimming is to open up the indentation that is on the drivers sider rear panel that is covered by the sub box as it is a little smaller than the earlier design.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Great! Thanks Surfy!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

It's a bitter-sweet posting this. :('

I had 2 Pioneer SW124D shallow depth (Less than 4") subs in a home-made sealed enclosure. Running off the sub channel of my Genesis amp.

It sounded great. Once the grilles were on the subs i was able to load the car up without any issues. The home-made enclosure also incorporated an amp mount, and CD changer mount. There was even a cooling fan in there somewhere!.......But now it's gone........ :mad: :(' :( -\/-

Now i'm just running my Alpine head unit and my JL Audio 5x7 co-axs in all 4 doors.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What happened to that awesome set up BC?

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to thear of that loss BC!!!!

In answer to your previous question, I ranan RCA adapter off the stock head unit for the sub. I run standard bass EQ out the doors and the sub amp has it's own filter for the lows. When it's cranked it does not cause distortion at all. Atleast not until you get to the top of the level and then it is too loud anyway (too loud... I must be getting old ) :bill:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
HAHA OLD GUY! :fan:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Bring it old man :beer: :hyst:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Surfscape said:
Hay you young whipper snapper !!! :BB2
My too loud is still louder than your's, I betchya :)P
Heck, it's probably louder since you don't hear as well when you get older.

I know way too many years of gunfire/loud rock music etc has really made my hearing nowhere near as good as it used to be, but my stereo still cranks plenty loud........

~John

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Surfscape said:
(too loud... I must be getting old ) :bill:
My motto is: Too loud is just right. :yahoo:

I know I'm gonna suffer when I'm older, but I often walk away from gigs thinking that it was a bit quiet! :doh:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Big Chris said:
I know I'm gonna suffer when I'm older, but I often walk away from gigs thinking that it was a bit quiet! :doh:
I was the same way when I was younger, but I am most definitely regretting it now.........

~John

1 - 20 of 79 Posts