Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this site. I have just purchased a 2010 ford escape limited with the premium sound system. I have a kicker cvt 8 on the way and am in the process of installing a JL audio amp, I have the power and ground wires ran. I have heard that there are rca out puts on the back of the HU that you can run an after market amp off of. Is this true? Also does anyone know the volume of the factory sub box?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've been wondering the same, and I'm thinking it's going to be at least .50 cuft, which is perfectly acceptable for an 8" (most 8's now are designed for .35-1.00 cu ft sealed boxes anyways).

Let us know how the Kicker sounds compared to stock!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ford_phil said:
Hello,
I am new to this site. I have just purchased a 2010 ford escape limited with the premium sound system. I have a kicker cvt 8 on the way and am in the process of installing a JL audio amp, I have the power and ground wires ran. I have heard that there are rca out puts on the back of the HU that you can run an after market amp off of. Is this true? Also does anyone know the volume of the factory sub box?
Not really, not without some wire work. I managed to splice in a set of RCA's off the shielded twisted pair of the original wiring, but I wouldn't say it was a great idea. You will find the stock HU is severely limited and needs to be replaced early on to get great sound.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have an eight inch Kicker subwoofer installed in my rear cargo area on the passenger side. The depth in this space is something like 4 1/8 inches or less.

That said, I have a 2005 Hybrid and do not know if things have changed for the current version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts