Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you might know my subs were making all kinds of weird noises when they were on.

i checked every connection to do with the system and found nothing wrong with it.

well finally after alot of guess and checks,and troubleshooting i found the problem to be caused by a flip down tv i put in the headliner.
i noticed that when the screen is on, the subs make all kinds of weird humming noises.

for now i have re-wired the flip down screen and have it on a switch, so now i just leave it off, and my system works great.

anyone got any clue as to why this would be happening? maybe just a cheap tv?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How did you wire the flip down? I think you may have ran the tv power to the sub power(beofer amp) and somehow yout TV may not be grounded correctly so its messing up the subs?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Check the how you hooked up the flip down

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm pointing to a grounded RCA or something like that. Without having the car in front of me, its really hard to tell. But usually its a ground loop issue.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wiring:

unit has 2 power wires 2 ground wires and one door wire.

1 power and 1 ground for tv, and one power and ground for dome light function. (power for both come from same relay)

door wire is on a second relay with a switch giving me a switch for dome light function

2 video in's: 1 goes to HU unit and one is behind dash at the moment until i install the panel mount rca conector.

also had the red and white audio cables which are hooked up to HU

any of that sound wrong?

i have access to all the connections at the flip down screen behind the factory dome light so maybe i can start troubleshooting there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts