Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always seem to have problems =(. anyway, i got everything set up (HU,amp,sub) and everything worked perfect for a little while. now for the past few days, the sub will go off, and stay off for however long it wants, and then randomly go back on. I checked all the connections multiple times, and yes, everything is connected correctly. Even at low volumes it tends to go off randomly. The amp LED is on solid, so i doubt it's that. My friend said it might be the RCA cables, but idk. anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
It could be the RCA cables, but I would find them unlikely to be the cause if the problem is intermittent. I had this issue in my old car and the problem turned out to be a bad fuse holder. Since you amp appears to be power that is likely not the issue. It could be anything after that though amp, head unit, LOC (if you are using the stock head unit), or the sub. Could be so many different things. Try ruling certain components out by trying them in a different system like a friends.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
agree on all counts. Also make sure your final ohm spec for that sub setup matches what the amp can do.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How about the remote line from HU to the amp.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the remote line is 100% fine. how do i check my final ohm spec for the sub? (still learning, sorry :blush: ) My amp is mono, if that has anything to do with it. this whole thing has just got me confused.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
chowzilla said:
the remote line is 100% fine. how do i check my final ohm spec for the sub? (still learning, sorry :blush: ) My amp is mono, if that has anything to do with it. this whole thing has just got me confused.
http://www.bcae1.com

That's bootcamp for this hobby / addiction.

Ohm spec meaning if the sub is a dual 2ohm setup, and you've got both coils paralleled, that's a 1ohm load. If the amp can't do that kind of load, you will have early shutdown amongst other things.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Rattle off all your gear from top to bottom. Part numbers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts