Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a sunroof deflector for my '09, but I keep seeing where the part is listed for not being compatable with the sat radio due to the antenna. Anyone out there with sat radio have the sunroof deflector? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just installed a sunroof deflector from Weathertech.com on my 2010 Mercury Mariner and I have had no issues with my satellite radio after the installation. Unlike the Ford/Mercury deflector (which is affixed with double-sided tape), the Weathertech version uses two screws and metal brackets that are attached to the sunroof opening. No drilling. The edge of the deflector can be mounted very close to the actual sunroof opening, which helps to keep it away from the satellite antenna. It REALLY cut down on the wind noise and buffeting that was occurring without it. So far - I'm very pleased! I had one on a Mazda MPV and it's still going strong.

I'm still in my 6-month complimentary subscription to Sirius and not sure if I'll renew it when it comes time. I've heard/read a lot of very nasty comments concerning Sirius customer service and business practices - doesn't make me want to rush out and give them any credit card information.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you don't trust Sirius with your credit car info they will send you an invoice it's a $2.00 charge. Also if you decide to renew when they call tell them the price is two high and they will cut the price in half $88.00 for a year or service.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Interesting, I may need to look into that... and....

:pics:

I never dreamed I'd pay for sat radio, with like 2dozen OTA stations, 6mp3 CD changer, & mp3 input, and only a 5min drive to/from work. But By about 4mos in I did. I just went all out and got the lifetime, like $300-400 can't remember. The guy put me on hold came back and said it's like $100 off. This was before the merger, not sure what it's like now.
Man everything on the internet stays forever, found my post from 8/17/07 I got lifetime for $417 when there was a $399 lifetime promo going on, rep said factory installed didn't qualify. So todate it cost $13/mo figure I still have twice as long to go, hopefully longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info on the weathertech version. I would not have expected the factory version to use tape instead of the better 'bracket' method. I will check into that version and get one on the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts