Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My wife and I recently traded in our 2003 Ford Escape Limited for this new 2010 Escape Hybrid. We ended up getting just about everything that I could imagine wanting on it. We get some great gas milage on it, and according to the miles to empty on the dash, we could drive from Portland,OR to Boise, ID on one tank of gas. We'll be testing that out =).

A little thanks to my buddies over at http://www.designerz.eu/ for doing up the title image =).

More (and higher resolution) images are available at Super Steve's page.

Enjoy! :beer:

-William Lightning

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Steve,

Welcome to the City. Very nice Escape Hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. My name's Will =) the Car is named Steve.

We named him after the Hedge, in Over the Hedge. Anyone with kids has seen it I'm sure.

Ozzie: O great and powerful Steve! What do you want?
Verne: I-I don't think it can speak.
Debbie: [From other side of hedge] I heard that, young man!
[Others are shocked; Ozzie plays dead]
Debbie: You get over here right now!
Hammy the Squirrel: Okay.
Verne: Hammy, get back here.
Hammy the Squirrel: But Steve is angry.
Verne: I think it came from the other side of Steve - I mean, the bush. I mean... Geez!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well how about that. That page diddn't handle well under load. =) I've fixed it to be a static html page, should increase the load times drastically.

·
Registered
99 Posts
kssarh said:
Thanks guys. My name's Will =) the Car is named Steve.
:lol: Welcome to the city Will
Nice Escape!
(for some strange reason, I thought Hybrids only came in green :D )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
markhampete said:
(for some strange reason, I thought Hybrids only came in green :D )
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I don't know if I could stand a green car... We did look at the blue, but they didn't have the dark interior in the blue hybrid.

I just wish i had pictures of Lucky, our old Escape 2003 that we traded in for Steve.

·
Registered
99 Posts
kssarh said:
I just wish i had pictures of Lucky, our old Escape 2003 that we traded in for Steve.
:lol: Now I'll have to come up with a name for mine. I haven't named any of my rides since "Betsy" (74 Plymouth Valiant) was scrapped.

Edit: I've decided on "Mathilda" :) (from Leon the Professional)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
markhampete said:
:lol: Now I'll have to come up with a name for mine. I haven't named any of my rides since "Betsy" (74 Plymouth Valiant) was scrapped.

Edit: I've decided on "Mathilda" :) (from Leon the Professional)
I'm a bit crazy about my names. My rule is, if I put my life in it's hands, it deserves a name. I guess I consider it a luck bit. My work is in systems adminstration (fancy words for working on computers, namingly servers) and programming. So I have a name for every one of my computers as well.

Now that I think about it, when I'm 80, I'll proboly have name for my oxygen mask :lol:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
cbramsey said:
Steve,

Welcome to the City. Very nice Escape Hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
I mean Will,

Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad.

·
Registered
758 Posts
A couple of changes with the 2010 FEH model:
1. The hybrid battery pack is now using internal cabin air for cooling purposes as the Ford Fusion Hybrid does. No longer is there a "split" drivers side rear cargo window. The internal cooling airintake is located on the driver's side of the cargo area.
2. Did the 2010 FEH move to a 10 inch subwoofer compared to the previous 8 inch models?

This is my 05 FEH with the split rear cargo window:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts