Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats everyone doing for the superbowl today? :cigar:

I can care less about both teams, but HATE the Colts since they beat my Bears a couple years ago...

Our menu:
  • Italian Beef
    (4) Chicago Pizzas
    Turkey Wrap party Tray
    Homemade Chicken Nachos (Grilled shredded chicken on wisconsin cheese and fresh pico-de-gallo)
    Hot Chicken Wings
    Homemade Turkey Chili
    Chicken Nuggets
    Truffle oil garlic French Fries (if you haven't made these before, DO IT!)
    Veggie Platter
    Homemade Pomegranate Granita
    Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (Wow the house smells amazing)

And Beer, lots of cold refreshing BEEEEEEER!

Throw your Escapes into [D] and swing by haha :rockon:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
synister281 said:
Ok I'm a terrible cook but this sounds very very good! Instructions please!

I'm going to a friends house, there are only 4 of us but we've got a little bit of food:

tortillas with cheese
veggie and summer sausage platter
baked chicken wings with 3 different types of marinates available
fresh pound cake with ice cream for dessert

I might partake in a few rum and Cokes while watching as well :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
--Sounds so yummy :thumb: .
We are invited to a big party every year :party: , but begged off this year due to the weather. I have no preference for which team wins the 2010 bowl, since the Iggles blew it again :horse: .

Let's face it, the best part of a super bowl party is the food
and beverages, :popcorn: :beer: ---oh yeah and the commercials.

·
Registered
278 Posts
synister281 said:
So whats everyone doing for the superbowl today? :cigar:

I can care less about both teams, but HATE the Colts since they beat my Bears a couple years ago...

Our menu:
  • Italian Beef
    (4) Chicago Pizzas
    Turkey Wrap party Tray
    Homemade Chicken Nachos (Grilled shredded chicken on wisconsin cheese and fresh pico-de-gallo)
    Hot Chicken Wings
    Homemade Turkey Chili
    Chicken Nuggets
    Veggie Platter
    Homemade Pomegranate Granita
    Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies (Wow the house smells amazing)

And Beer, lots of cold refreshing BEEEEEEER!

Holy heart burn batman!! That is one hell of a lot of food and you will make the game worth watching!! Enjoy and my 2cents are on the Saints.

:rockon:

Throw your Escapes into [D] and swing by haha :rockon:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Had the party at my house this year, what with my being the guy with the big screen (42", well, not sooo big). My brother's TV took a dump yesterday, so they brought over the BBQ and sauce. I had the chips, dips, baked potatoes, drinks and condiments.

YAY! :wave: The Saints' won!!!! :party: :beer:

I actually predicted that they would win 35-28. I guess I was slightly optomistic... :shrug: :bag:

I really did not have a dog in this fight, but favored the Saints once Dallas was eliminated in the playoffs. If for no other reason than the Colts have been there once already. They, imo, are a great team. I just like to see the trophy get passed around and not get stuck on one team in one city. Everyone needs a winner once in a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ajax said:
synister281 said:
Ok I'm a terrible cook but this sounds very very good! Instructions please!
haha I hear ya, my wife is the cook, i'm the grill guy lol

Here is the exact recipe she used, but she also added fresh garlic that she chopped up very fine and mixed that in as well at the very end right before the truffle oil was added :D It was delicious!

Line 2 large baking sheets with paper towels. Attach candy thermometer to side of large deep pot (do not let tip touch bottom). Add enough peanut oil to pot to reach depth of 3 inches. Heat oil over medium heat to 300°F. Place potatoes between 2 kitchen towels and pat dry. Working in batches, add potatoes to oil and cook until potatoes are just tender, stirring occasionally and maintaining heat at 300°F, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer potatoes to 1 prepared baking sheet to drain. Heat same oil until temperature reaches 360°F to 365°F. Working in batches, add same fries to oil and cook until golden brown, maintaining temperature between 360°F and 365°F, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer to second prepared baking sheet to drain. Transfer french fries to serving dish; sprinkle with salt, then toss with truffle oil and serve.

*Truffle oil is available at Italian markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts