Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've got couple of days of off work, and decided to change the oil and air filters on my 2005 Escape, to my surprise, after changing the air filter (with no problems) I went for the cabin filter and there it was, I was noticing that I was getting a lot of dust inside my truck, and to my surprise check the pictures. ;-|

The last cabin filter change by the Ford Dealer was on my 42,000 miles. and to my surprise and my rip-off, they charged me for the swap, but didn't installed it! I am writing a letter for the manage of my Ford Dealer letting him know about their service, and what happened on that failed service. :rant:

I don't know if I can trust them with my truck anymore. :bust:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Those rotten, no-good scoundrels! :spank: :bang: :taz:

Let us know what happens w/the manager.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Damn stealerships. :doh:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Grrrrrrr!!!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Yea... there was a time where I marked my Oil filters to make sure it was changed. I swear there were 2 or 3x that it wasn't changed when I didn't mark it. But of course every time I marked it it was changed.

I change my cabin filter once a year. I won't let the dealers do it anymore because they wanted $70 last time they mentioned it to me. I get a Purilator filter for $6 and put it in myself. If I paid $70 and later found out that I never even got the product I'd get on the phone and :rant:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
I'm not surprised. What were the chances of you checking?...Zilch! That's why, whenever possible, I watch routine maintainance being done on my car.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Donde los yikes.

Ya know, you'd think that they'd at least be smart enough to know that you just might be capable of taking it apart and seeing that they didn't install a filter.

I agree. I don't think I could trust them, either, but see what the manager of the dealer says after you write them.

Maybe they'll throw in some free services.

:bill:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
jpark said:
Donde los yikes.

Ya know, you'd think that they'd at least be smart enough to know that you just might be capable of taking it apart and seeing that they didn't install a filter.

I agree. I don't think I could trust them, either, but see what the manager of the dealer says after you write them.

Maybe they'll throw in some free services.

:bill:
...Dare to dream, jp. :bang:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if that happened to me, i would let them work on my vehicle again, even if they offered free services. unless i was allowed to supervise. most dealerships wont let you in the shop because of insurance crap. they get real mad when i wear my safety boots, and show them my government ID and explain that im covered against all accidents and incidents on my own purchased policy. (only one dealer actually let me in LoL).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well that sucks, good luck with that letter!

I put on a cabin air filter a couple of years back, more like 3 years... anyway, I've never bothered to even check it. I never use the air conditioner on anything other than MAX so I don't really see the need to!

PS: Dang... now the submit button is on the "correct" side... must... get... used... to... it...!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Any updates on what happened here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I take my Escape to a dealer that allows you in to see while they work on your truck.....what a novel idea!

From the lobby you can see about 4 bays very clear so the need to check to see if they removed your oil filter is nil....you can see for your self. I do go out and inspect the underside of my Escape each time, as while on the hoist it gives you great access to the underside of your Escape.

So far I have been impressed with this dealer.....besides they have great coffee, hell you can even get something to eat there as they have a snack bar inside the dealer that makes food!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You have to be naive to think that everyone does what they claim to have done. It applies to Dealerships, Lube joints, Wal-Mart...the list goes on. Probably includes your co-workers! But don't feel too bad. Everyone gets nicked once in a while, including myself.

Last year the lube place failed to grease my trucks front end, and did not replace the oil cap on the valve cover. I found it on the fender top, somehow it had stayed there for the ten or so miles that I drove around and then back to the lube joint.

A couple years ago another place claimed to have replaced the air filter and charged me for it. When I went back on that one, they made a counter claim that I had swapped out the new one for an old one to get a free filter. Hmmmm. I never went back to them. And they had free coffee and donuts that were scrumptious! I guess I paid for my donuts, as they refused to install the new filter... LOL!

Now I check everything that is claimed and paid for, before I drive off. If there is anything questionable, I ask about it then. So far, so good.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nothing surprises me with repair shops anymore. At least allowing you to see what's going on inside the shop is an improvement.

Someone around here took their car to ***-Mart to have their oil changed. Why they'd want to do that is beyond me, but whatever the reason, their engine seized a few days later.

It seems that the well-trained ***-Mart employee forgot to tighten the drain bolt.

Oooops.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Anyone heard the lug nut skit by Ron White? :hyst:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Sorry to hear you came across dealership incompetence A1Capone. My local ford garage has a policy. They actually go above and beyond the call of duty. I have never experienced any problems with their service. I suppose because they are out in the country, every customer is important to them. They asked me if my dad would be interested in being a customer. He has a different model car. So i passed on their request to him.

Father is very happy with their servicing abilities on his car. They do their utmost for client satisfaction. :thumb: Actually my local dealer has a motto on their wall. It is indicated in text as TEAM. This " TEAM" sign is further displayed as

Together

Everyone

Achieves

Many things.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Currently on annual leave for a week. :yahoo: :woohoo: This accounts for why i am on here at an odd time. We have our other three weeks vacation during december.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
stone said:
Currently on annual leave for a week. :yahoo: :woohoo: This accounts for why i am on here at an odd time. We have our other three weeks vacation during december.
Just as long as you make it, stone, it doesn't matter when. The place isn't the same without you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts