Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap my current 16" OEM Wheels on my 2009 XLT for the 17" OEM Black Alloy Wheels found on the SAP package. Once I find these wheels for a reasonable price I will have to purchase new tires for them.

A couple of questions regarding this:

1) Which tires come stock with the 17" OEM Black Alloy Wheels (Michelin All Season Latitudes?)
2) Could I use the TPMS Sensor found on my current 16" wheels on the new set of 17" wheels?
3) I assume my local Ford dealer would be able to help me with this process? (For a fee of course)

Any suggestions or input would be great.

:rockon:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Depending on the cost of the 17" wheels, I personally would not purchase 1" larger OEM wheels. I would get aftermarkets and get something bigger like 18-20". Especially since you need to purchase new tires.

But if you are getting them for a steal, then that would be the deciding factor.

1. I would look into the Michelin Latitudes. I love mine on my 16" so I assume any size would be great.
2. You can use the TPMS ones from your rims. Depending on your choice, you could purchase new ones if keeping both wheel sets (winter/summer swaps).
3. I would bet they could do it for a fee. Compare it to a wheel/tire place though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts