Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me twice now since getting my Escape in April. My phone automatically connects when I get in, but every now and then, after a few minutes, it will just disconnect for no reason. When I go to the phone menu, it will reconnect just fine, but then disconnects again after a few minutes.

I have found that reseting the phone and resyncing everything (the car to the phone/the phone to the car), seems to fix the problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone else have experienced this or not. I'm trying to figure out if it's an issue with the sync, or an issue with my phone. Right now, I'm kind of leaning toward my phone, but don't really have a reason why.

I have an oil change scheduled for next month, so I will probably bring it up then. Anyone else see this?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I bought my 2010 in April. It works perfectly with my iPhone 3GS. In fact, there have been a few times that I've moved my Escape from the driveway to the garage with the phone in the house, and it still connects to the phone as it starts up.

Are you registered with SyncMyRide? You can download updates to a USB flash key and update it yourself. Downloads and complete instructions are on the site.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am registered with SyncMyRide. Last time I checked, everything was up to date (about a month ago). For the most part, everything is perfect, but sometimes it just acts a little odd (its a very good chance it is my phone).

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had a similar problem with my LG Versa that I had through Verizon. For me, it was the phone. The phone would drop the bluetooth connection during the call or randomly at other times. I had the phone replaced and the newer Versa didn't do that. Since then I have purchased a Blackberry Storm and it doesn't drop the connection either. So, for me, it was the phone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
timothyjay2004 said:
I had a similar problem with my LG Versa that I had through Verizon. For me, it was the phone. The phone would drop the bluetooth connection during the call or randomly at other times. I had the phone replaced and the newer Versa didn't do that. Since then I have purchased a Blackberry Storm and it doesn't drop the connection either. So, for me, it was the phone.
My phone is an LG as well (Cosmos). Sounds like it might be more of an LG issue than a sync issue. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
No SYNC--- no problems.
The car is neither an entertainment chamber nor a discotheque.
If you truly want to be a safe and responsible driver play the deaf ear to the muses of in car entertainment.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Please read your PMs.

And many of us are very responsible drivers, including myself.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I read my PMs and I feel I owe an apology to everyone for my superficial comments concerning the In-Car-Entertainment.I'm trully sorry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I occassionally have this problem too and hmm I too have an LG phone. The only solution is to get a new non LG phone? This car just keeps costing me more and more money. BF was right it is going to be a money pit and it isn't even two years old.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
weird2u said:
I occassionally have this problem too and hmm I too have an LG phone. The only solution is to get a new non LG phone? This car just keeps costing me more and more money. BF was right it is going to be a money pit and it isn't even two years old.
Since everyone here has an issue with LG phones (and after a quick google search); it appears this is an issue with LG, and not something you should blame on Ford. If your phone is doing it, it would probably do it with any blue tooth device (many posts on other sites document the same or similar problems with LG phones).

Many sites have suggested going to your carrier's store and checking for a software update. This has been known to fix the issues.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had this happen to me again on Monday. I updated the software on my phone after this happened the last time, and thought it fixed the problem. Well, it didn't. This time though, I just popped the battery out of my phone and after a few minutes, everything was working as it should again. The car was running the whole time, so that means this it is definitely my phone that is the problem and not the sync system.

It doesn't happen very often, so I can live with it until I get a new phone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts