Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the sync come with a 10gb hd? If so how do u load music on it?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yup, it's currently a 10GB drive. You can rip tracks from a CD, or load MP3s from a USB flash card or USB MP3 player.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do u load music onto the hd? :confused:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found out it only works if u have the navigational system. :rant:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If you decide to add the factory navigation unit, remember that you can only add one from a 2009 model. 2008 and earlier Fords used a Pioneer-based nav unit. Your 2009 uses a Sony-based nav unit.

If you add the factory Sirius module, you'll also have Sirius Travel Link (real-time construction info integrated into navigation), and that could be especially useful in the GTA.

:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
i would use a USB drive , they have big storage capacity now ( 32 GB ++ :shock: ) . no need for HD anymore. if all you need is storage ,that would be a great way
and a cheaper way to do it .
:yes:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do u think a laptop external drive will work as well?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Does the USB bus provide enough power for a laptop hard drive?

I'm assuming it does, as you could then use it to charge a cell phone. Logical feature to have.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the drive has no other power cord, just a usb cord. So i think it will work and it will hold alot of music at 100gb!! :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
10GB will hold around 2,500 MP3s (at an average of around 4MB/MP3).

That's one long road trip (or one long traffic jam on the 401).

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
WOW! That amount of MP3 music tracks. :shock: Now that would suit my circumstances just nicely. Considering some of my short little pleasure cruises, can average from about 500 to 600 kilometres. :) :shades: :yahoo: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
andjayik said:
the drive has no other power cord, just a usb cord. So i think it will work and it will hold alot of music at 100gb!! :yahoo:
I know. There are powered and unpowered USB buses. A powered USB bus delivers 500 mA (I think) to a device if required, while an unpowered bus delivers 100 mA. There is also a "battery charging" specification out that will allow 900 mA for high-speed devices, but I think it's still rare.

A portable hard drive will not function with the unpowered 100 mA bus. Those will power flash drives, wireless mouse receivers, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.