Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have their SYNC 2.0 vehicle health report working? I'm using a Motorola/Verizon W385 cell phone and it's on the SYNC approved list. SYNC dials the phone, but in less than 30 seconds it disconnects. The error message says vehicle health report could not activated.

I stopped by the dealer and they were kind enough to take a quick look. They said they installed two upgrades and it now tested fine, but they didn't use my phone. I should have tested it with my phone, but I had to go.

I'll probably just wait to my first oil change and have them look at it again. But maybe somebody here has also experienced problems with it?

I tried posting the question on SyncMyRide by there doesn't appear to be much traffic over there.

Thanks.

[mod]Moved to Problems And Solutions.[/mod]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is working fine with a Verizon Blackberry 8130. However, after testing it the very first time, I switched my preference to email me at home rather than send a text message to my phone. The report is too long and the formatting is not the same on the phone as it is via email. It just makes it much easier to read ........ plus with the Blackberry, I get the email sent to the phone as well, so it just works better for me.

I am assuming that you went thru the setup on syncmyride.com first ? ......

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I setup my account on syncmyride and I've always had my report preference set to email. I tried it again today 3 times and it still fails. I keep thinking it's something I'm overlooking, such as a setting or something on syncmyride, but can't come up with anything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I upgraded to the latest (Sync Version 1.3 ) ,what is sync 2.0 ?? The 911 Assist/Vehicle Health Report need dealer installation ! did you do that at the dealer , and was there a charge ?
i'm using Sony Ericsson W580i , one of the few phones that is completely compatible with the ford SYNC system . it update my phone book automatically receive/read/send text messages and stream music from my phone to SYNC :yahoo:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GenX said:
I upgraded to the latest (Sync Version 1.3 ) ,what is sync 2.0 ?? The 911 Assist/Vehicle Health Report need dealer installation ! did you do that at the dealer , and was there a charge ?
i'm using Sony Ericsson W580i , one of the few phones that is completely compatible with the ford SYNC system . it update my phone book automatically receive/read/send text messages and stream music from my phone to SYNC :yahoo:

My 2009 Escape came with Sync 2.0, so it came with the Vehicle Health Report and 911 applications. I'm not very familiar with the upgrade procedure to go to Sync 2.0, but I saw a number of posts here that discuss the topic.

My phone dialing, phonebook ,etc. also work fine. It's just vehicle health report that's not working. Maybe 911 doesn't work either.

Dave

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sync 2.0 is somthing the dealer must install, if you don't already have it. Not sure if there is a cost or not. Sync 2.0 has the 911 feature along with the Vehicle Heath reporting. I upgradeding my sync to 1.3 yesterday and syncmyride. I wish they would allow you to upgrade to 2.0 ourselves why do we need the dealer to do it ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
:stop: i'm going to wait before i install 2.0 . too many problems and the dealer people don't know how to do it right . not enough training yet . :shrug:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DaveJ said:
Does anyone have their SYNC 2.0 vehicle health report working? I'm using a Motorola/Verizon W385 cell phone and it's on the SYNC approved list. SYNC dials the phone, but in less than 30 seconds it disconnects. The error message says vehicle health report could not activated.

I stopped by the dealer and they were kind enough to take a quick look. They said they installed two upgrades and it now tested fine, but they didn't use my phone. I should have tested it with my phone, but I had to go.

I'll probably just wait to my first oil change and have them look at it again. But maybe somebody here has also experienced problems with it?

I tried posting the question on SyncMyRide by there doesn't appear to be much traffic over there.

Thanks.
Replying to my original post, I solved the problem with Vehicle Health Report not working. My bad, I did not use my cell phone number in my account in SyncMyRide. I stumbled across this when I was double checking my account for at least the 6th time. Oops. So lesson learned. Be sure to enter the same cell phone number in SyncMyRide that you have paired in your Escape. The report ran as it should and I received an email notifying me of the report's availability. I went to SyncMyRide and there it was. Everything reported was OK. Very nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts