Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was shopping for my 2009 Escape, I was really interested in getting one with a factory HD Radio option of some kind. Well, that was an adventure. The dealers said it wasn't available, a Google search said that it should be, a contact deep inside Ford said that it was available briefly but then Ford pulled the plug on it- not liking something about the user experience, but that it had also been possible to get it as a dealer add-on, but not any more.
So, friends the question is; what do you guys know about it? Does anyone have this elusive "add on"? Have you ever even heard of such a thing??
I'm curious about what the Ford HD Radio system looked like when usd with a SYNC system. And just maybe, if it's available out there somewhere, getting my hands on it.

What do you guys think??
:(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Red-Dave said:
While I was shopping for my 2009 Escape, I was really interested in getting one with a factory HD Radio option of some kind. Well, that was an adventure. The dealers said it wasn't available, a Google search said that it should be, a contact deep inside Ford said that it was available briefly but then Ford pulled the plug on it- not liking something about the user experience, but that it had also been possible to get it as a dealer add-on, but not any more.
So, friends the question is; what do you guys know about it? Does anyone have this elusive "add on"? Have you ever even heard of such a thing??
I'm curious about what the Ford HD Radio system looked like when usd with a SYNC system. And just maybe, if it's available out there somewhere, getting my hands on it.

What do you guys think??
:(
My :02 on it:

Factory equipment for FORD in general simply doesn't sound good enough to merit HD Radio. Full systems, yeah I can see it being something useful. Everyone gets wrapped up in SYNC, just like Ford wanted to happen. Show me a quality head unit that has SYNC and I'll pay attention. Otherwise, give me the better sound quality potential of a decent aftermarket head unit. Some of the better units can do things like SYNC, too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just as a heads up, I got my PAC MS-FRD1 adapter on ebay for $173 shipped. Still not cheap, but cheaper than the MSRP of $249 that thte PAC site has it listed for. Warning though. The guy takes forever to ship. Was looking forward to installing it over memorial day weekend, but it just came today. Ordered on May 18th

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be interested to see how the install goes and how the unit operates. Please post an update when you get there.

Also- that web link is down right now. I'll be checking it out later though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts