Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2009 XLT Escape V6 two days ago and love it already.

I want to plugin a USB bluetooth adapter into my computer and have downloaded music automatically transfer to the USB device plugged into my vehicle. Is this possible?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the City!!
I'm sure one of our technical gurus can answer your question.

In the meantime........ :pics:

:D

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello ferrethouse. Congratulations on the 2009 XLT Escape. What colour is it? Do you have any accessories, or mods planned for the vehicle? :) Does your interior cabin , have cloth upholstery or leather? :) Anticipating your photos of it with enthusiasm. I hope we do not seem too demanding on you. :lol:

It is all meant in a kind way. Anyway we are easy to please. :welcome: OOPS! Not sure about others, but i am easy going. :roll: :whistle: :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to wash it before I take pictures. I live in Calgary and it gets messy with all of the snow.

It is silver (not my first choice but got a discount because they had it on the lot). It has some of the options (power seats, etc.). The material is cloth which is probably good since we have three young boys and a large dog.

My CR-V was rear ended and destroyed about three weeks ago but I was not injured. It was between the Escape and the RAV4 but Toyota doesn't offer any incentives these days so that sealed the deal.

·
Registered
370 Posts
sorry to hear about your wreck, and you were not injured. welcome to the city. :welcome:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Colleen said:
ferrethouse said:
This is what an F-150 will do to your back end...

Oh my gosh !! Glad that you are okay !!

Welcome to the City !! :)
ouch!!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
ferrethouse said:

I want to plugin a USB bluetooth adapter into my computer and have downloaded music automatically transfer to the USB device plugged into my vehicle. Is this possible?

Thanks.
First off, welcome to the board!

Can your computer find your truck via Bluetooth? My brother has Sync in his 08 Edge but he hadn't downloaded anything onto the trucks memory (I'm not even sure it has memory), but his son was playing songs from his iTouch with Bluetooth.

Also, you're probebly going to have to start a new thread with the pics and details of your new truck. I don't know who else has an 09 but it's the first upgrade of engine and transmission from the original design so we're going to want details about it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ajax said:
Also, you're probebly going to have to start a new thread with the pics and details of your new truck. I don't know who else has an 09 but it's the first upgrade of engine and transmission from the original design so we're going to want details about it!
Will do. I'm driving it pretty gently until I get 1000 kms on it though so I don't really know what it is capable of.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ferrethouse said:

Thanks.
I too have the 2009 and if my understanding of the Sync system is correct then you can stream music to the stereo from the computer with bluetooth (if the computer and Sync can communicate), but I think the only way to transfer music to the hard drive is via CD. I haven't tried to do that myself since I don't have a bluetooth computer, but I'd be interested to know how it works. I currently have my music on a 4gb flash drive in the USB port.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have the nav system so I don't have the hard drive. I'm wondering if I'll be able to see the flash drive I have plugged in as a drive. Then I can use any one of a dozen auto file syncing programs to move files automatically into the vehicle. I guess I'll just have to buy the bluetooth adapter and see what happens. Just seems like a waste of money because I doubt it will work. It isn't a big deal to periodically take the usb drive into the house and put the new tunes on it but it would be very cool to get this working :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI...

Craig, thank you for your inquiry regarding SYNC

This will not be possible. You will need to download the update files into your USB flash drive from your computer and then install those files into your SYNC system from the USB drive.

Sincerely,

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Tier 2 Support Team RR

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I figured this would be the case. Your SYNC system would need the proper bluetooth profiles and it seemed like it wasn't something that was going to be included with SYNC....just sounded like too much extra work....you can't expect that much from Microsoft. :bill:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts