Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I get out of the car I swipe the speed bumps on top of the door handle and that locks my door and the rear door. I haven't walked around to check the passenger doors. The tailgate does not lock though. It only locks when I press the keyfob lock button. I'm looking for settings etc. but no luck so far. Anyone have thoughts to share?

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
While I don't have a gen 4, and apparently you have Intelligent Access, my 2017 has the keypad on the b pillar, and if I do 7/8 and 9/0 it locks all the doors, the cargo hatch included.
When you do touch and hold for a second to lock, do you get the single flash of the park lights?

How do you open it when it should be locked? Do you have the remote fob with you and it uses the proximity to it to allow it to open?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to see if I can see the park lights from touching the door handle. I may have to park in front of a glass building and experiment.

When I swipe the speed bumps I'll try opening the back door since it doesn't have the release by touch feature. Then I go to the tailgate and grab the handle to open it. I don't hear any click like unlocking and don't feel any hesitation, it just opens as if unlocked. If I push the fob lock twice so it beeps the horn I can grab the tailgate latch and no matter how much I try it doesn't open. It stays locked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts