Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you have a chance to work in a pizza parlor for a month. Your offered $30,000 or 1 penny the first day which is doubled every day after. Which do you take.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If you take the penny, and it's doubled every day, it's worth $41,943.04 at the end of day 23.

At the end of 30 days, that penny balloons into $5,368,709.12.

I think I'll take the penny option, plus as much free pizza as I can eat. And that's one deep-pocketed pizza parlor.

:D

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I'll also go with the penny. Free pizza sounds good do you also get free BEER

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Chris said:
I'd take the 30 thou, and phone in sick on the 2nd day. :calvin:
:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
I'll also go with the penny. Free pizza sounds good do you also get free BEER
If you get free pizza and free beer it's kind of a toss up. :shock:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
If you take the penny, and it's doubled every day, it's worth $41,943.04 at the end of day 23.

I think I'll take the penny option, plus as much free pizza as I can eat. And that's one deep-pocketed pizza parlor.

Thanks for doing the math for me!
I'll take the penny option too...and pizza......mmmmmm!!!! :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
jpark said:

But would they have a loophole on the interpretation of "1 penny the first day which is doubled every day after". It could be read that it is only the first day penny that is doubled. So that you would only get 61 cents.
Also could "every day after" be every second day - so then it would be 31 cents.

I say take the $30,000 and take a sickie with Big Chris :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
If you take the penny a day and double it everyday, then after just 22 days your money ahead of the 30K! You'll have a whopping $41,533.44 on the 22nd day...I think I can buy my own pizza after all. ;-)

Day 31, assuming a 31 day month...$4,132,560.64! Now that's what I'd be talking about! :woohoo:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Where is the pizza place at and how do I apply?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I used to work at a pizza place back in my college days. Made lots less than 30K in a year...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Some of the people I work with deliver pizza as a side job. Two say they average about $12 an hour. The others are jealous and won't talk about it... :whistle:

·
Registered
370 Posts
give me the 30g, my luck would be work my [email protected] off for a penny the first day, then the place would fold. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
...or the fine print would read that the penny doesn't really double. It's just added every day: $0.01, $0.02, $0.03...

:doh:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
abide01 said:
give me the 30g, my luck would be work my [email protected] off for a penny the first day, then the place would fold. :lol:
You stay away from my company then. Postpone your southern California visit until after this recession. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
370 Posts
futameca said:
abide01 said:
You stay away from my company then. Postpone your southern California visit until after this recession. ;)
i won't be able to afford it until after the recession.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good point. :doh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts