Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i'm taking my escape in for the hoot noise. i can hoot it almost at will. i have 2 questions for those of you who have addressed this at a dealership:
1. did you have to pay for service?
2. how long did they have the truck for?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
ummmmm.. silly question here.. what's a HOOT?

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you are taking it in for the hoot noise, you better make sure they do it under warranty and under the TSB for it. They need to remove the tranny, replace the drive chain, and put it all back together. Then, as I have read, most of the vehicles that had this done, the hoot noise returns.

You should plan to leave it there for a couple days and have a check ready fo $1,000 if not covered by warranty. Just a guess but it is a good amount of work.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
done and done! they covered parts and labor. The hoot -so far- is gone, or not noticeable. if you read the TSB it states something like 'ford has released new chain to reduce this affect', which it did for sure. I have not hooted it since getting it yesterday, so i'm happy. even if the hoot comes back slightly i'll still be happy. I have read a couple stories about additional damage caused.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is this that HOOT sound that happens when first starting off after putting it in drive?
My truck is about a month old and this started about two weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It could be. I think it happened taking off and while cruising at certain speeds. Most of the "E" that have gone into the shop have had greatly reduced noise or the noise has be eliminated all together. If you think you have something wrong with your rig and it's still under warranty, best bet is to take it in and have it fixed or at least documented that you think there is a problem. Keep us all informed.. :rockon:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts