Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is more of a rant then anything. but to anyone here who is thinking of or is a mechanic that works on other peoples cars, this is more or less a business tip.

when i purchased my escape the rear defrost wouldn't work properly, so under the 30 day warranty i took it to the dealer 3 times to get it fixed. the third time i went to pick it up as i did every time, i opened the rear glass to inspect the work. well. they had busted a few clips from the motor housing (ford calls is a seal LoL). so they decided to glue the two pieces back together. it looked like crap. and i was not happy. so i requested that they purchase the motor covers and i will replace them myself. they call i go pick up the cover. they had ordered the outer piece. i asked where the other piece was and they said that they were not going to order it. so i merely explained to them that that their mechanics are over paid and have no pride. the service manager got really mad. and asked me to leave. so i went and seen the salesman. he was useless. so now everytime someone mentions my escape or talks about getting a new or used vehicle i tell them this little story (and add that my tires were garbage, at the wear bars but they refused to replace them either).

Do not purchase a vehicle from EDWARDS MAZDA in Pembroke Ontario, Canada

Today i got the other cover from the ford dealer and replaced the covers. Now i dont get angry when i look in my rear view mirror

take pride in your work, suck up the cost of your mistakes and learn from them. and above all. keep your customer happy because a happy person tells person. an unhappy person tells everyone

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
This apply's to everyone's job. If you don't take pride in your work then you must hate your job...and hating your job is second only to hating your spouse.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I agree with 100%

I work at an auto parts store on the weekends and in afternoons after school.
I always try to meet the customers needs as best I can to keep them coming back. Keep the customer happy and provide the right parts FIRST TIME then you are sure to see them again :)

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Tribby said:
I agree with 100%

I always try to meet the customers needs as best I can to keep them coming back. Keep the customer happy and provide the right parts FIRST TIME and you are sure to see them again :)
...or not! :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Well said. I only take my SUV to ppl that I know...unless its free under warranty.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Tribby said:
I agree with 100%

I always try to meet the customers needs as best I can to keep them coming back. Keep the customer happy and provide the right parts FIRST TIME then you are sure to see them again :)
Exactly. :clap:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Tribby said:
I agree with 100%

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
customer service is why i return to the local UAP NAPA, i can get some parts cheaper at canadian tire, but when i order parts there then never call me to tell me they are in. i call Andy and he calls me back. and after spending a few thousand dollars in there in one year they were nice and offered me a jobbers account. thats pretty handy!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive debated getting my work done on my escape at my local chev dealer, they do all the service work on my wifes car, and ive always had great service. only once did they mess up and thats because the guy changed the air pressure in the tires from 34 to 32 (they are filled with nitrogen) so they have to have 2psi higher. not a big deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts