Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hit the 15k mark and went to change my oil. Pulled into the garage and walked down the pit to do a visual check of the undercarriage. To my dismay I found the forward frame that sits just under the engine to be covered in some fluid. So I got one of the techs to look at it and he tells me that it looks like the power steering is leaking from a possible blown seal :worry: It seems as if this happened recently. Though when I called Ford the earliest they can see me is Dec 1st but I cant make it due to military appointments :cry: I hope that nothing gets f'd up while I wait to get this repaired under warranty

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Keep checking the power steering reservoir oil level...and the coolant degas bottle level while the engine is cold just in case it is a coolant hose leaking and not the steering system.In either case there is no danger for further damage and I would drive the car normally, as long as I keep an eye on the fluid levels I mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
SUVord said:
Keep checking the power steering reservoir oil level...and the coolant degas bottle level while the engine is cold just in case it is a coolant hose leaking and not the steering system.In either case there is no danger for further damage and I would drive the car normally, as long as I keep an eye on the fluid levels I mentioned above.
There is no power steering fluid reservoir on the 2010 Escape - the steering system is electronically assisted, and there is no fluid to check.

As for the fluid itself, what color is it? I just noticed a transmission fluid leak today on my 2010 XLT, and it's into the dealer on Monday to have it looked at. It's coming from about the same place the 09's had a fluid leak, where the driver side axle goes into the transmission case, but I'm having some other weird transmission issues as well (deep resonating noises). The transmission fluid on my car is completely black, and I have 29k miles :-(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slavrenz said:
There is no power steering fluid reservoir on the 2010 Escape - the steering system is electronically assisted, and there is no fluid to check.

As for the fluid itself, what color is it? I just noticed a transmission fluid leak today on my 2010 XLT, and it's into the dealer on Monday to have it looked at. It's coming from about the same place the 09's had a fluid leak, where the driver side axle goes into the transmission case, but I'm having some other weird transmission issues as well (deep resonating noises). The transmission fluid on my car is completely black, and I have 29k miles :-(
Yea seems I have the same issue. The mechanic said that it couldnt be power steering fluid because its electronic. As far as the leak goes, he said the same thing as you, it was the driver side axle transfer case thing that was leaking. Sooooo yea Tatsu is in the shop sick *sigh* :cry:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Katscan said:
slavrenz said:

Yea seems I have the same issue. The mechanic said that it couldnt be power steering fluid because its electronic. As far as the leak goes, he said the same thing as you, it was the driver side axle transfer case thing that was leaking. Sooooo yea Tatsu is in the shop sick *sigh* :cry:
Hope everything goes okay. The service kit for my axle leak is supposed to be in this morning - i have to call the dealer at 9am, so we'll see...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, Tatsu will be in the shop for at least a week as they have to order the part then wait for it to get shipped from the US. A week minimum just to wait for the part. So, Im going to try and see if they can fix the sprayer nozzels as well as I saw in another post a TSB for it. Mine do leak a little when I use the sprayers.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Katscan said:
Yea, Tatsu will be in the shop for at least a week as they have to order the part then wait for it to get shipped from the US. A week minimum just to wait for the part. So, Im going to try and see if they can fix the sprayer nozzels as well as I saw in another post a TSB for it. Mine do leak a little when I use the sprayers.
Let me know if you get this part in on time. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, the service kit I am supposed to get is now backordered until January 22nd, 2011 :tumble:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slavrenz said:
Let me know if you get this part in on time. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, the service kit I am supposed to get is now backordered until January 22nd, 2011 :tumble:
Ouch! Well thankfully the warrenty I have for Tatsu covers a Loaner car sooo yea.....I dont have to pay for it. Hope it gets here soon cause I miss my baby :(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, it has been a month.......aaaannnnd Tatsu is still in the shop waiting on parts :cry:

Well, the parts came in but apparently a special tool is needed to take the tranny appart and they dont have it so they had to order the tool.....now waiting on the tool :cry:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Huh! A ford dealer without the tool to repair a .... Ford transmission :clap: :clap:

I would be very embarassed to have to say that to my customer...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.