Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halton regional police are sneaky ...

That litte white sign on top of the "taxi" actually says police but I don't think most people would get a chance to read it until they are stopped waitting for a ticket.
This is why you always need to behave behind wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
They got rid of those after caving to the "It's not fair!" crybabies.

OPP "subdued" markings are freaky:

That one is over at Chatham HSD.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
London City was using something similar for Traffic enforcement. The decals "light" quite suddenly when the headlights get to the right angle.
I've seen similar at the Auto Show in T.O. as well.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I think that is a cool idea. I wouldn't call it entrapment. If they weren't breaking the law they wouldn't get stopped

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It's nowhere close to entrapment. People confuse entrapment with good old-fashioned sneakiness. Sneakiness is 100% legal; entrapment is when The Law forces you to do something illegal. An invisible cruiser would do the exact opposite, if anything.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Invisible! HAHAHA!

I grew up in northern Ohio. Cops in our village had dark green painted squad cars, with medium green marking. This is in the 50's OK? They would park in shady areas alongside the roadway. You could not see the cars...dark green cars, dark green of the shade tree... :calvin: Worked wonders. Our little community had people driving through it at or below the limit. No speeders for sure! LOL!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You would have to be a very ambitious cabbie to drive that one!
It would take a lot of trips to make it worth while, especially hauling only one passenger at a time!
You could always try going really fast of course ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
They use, a lot of unmarked cars down under.
Sometimes it will vary, to ford or toyotas.
But for some reason, holden is used predominantly.

##
This is what i have noticed, in adelaide and country areas.
As for new south wales i am not sure.
Latan, Brent and EscapeDtroy, would be clued up on that.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I have a question for you folks what do you think should be done to a person who has had 1 DUIs? I can't believe that they arn't in jail.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hey squish, what are you doing in chatham? LoL. i was there last weekend. the new OPP cruisers we have up here are painted in the black and white! they look awesome.

the military police still drive plain white with a symbol on the door. you can see them for miles lol. and sometimes they are in green trucks with light bars LoL.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I wasn't in Chatham, but I do know an HSD officer there. We still have a few striped cruisers here, with the "NYPD" style angled light bars. Most of the cars are now black-and-white CVs or Tahoes. Don't see any Chargers here...guess we didn't fall for that haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts