Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! This is Edward from the aftermarket. Recently we are developing rear seat mats for Ford Escape 2020-2022.
And now we need one owner to help us test out the fitment. Please leave a message or dm me if you are interested.
Rectangle Wood Material property Font Composite material

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
436 Posts
Hey guys! This is Edward from the aftermarket. Recently we are developing rear seat mats for Ford Escape 2020-2022.
And now we need one owner to help us test out the fitment. Please leave a message or dm me if you are interested.
View attachment 2397
Just looking at them, no.
The front seats are not 60/40 split, so these floor mats would not work. Willing to bet the cut out for the center console is also too small, it is definitely not in the right place.

I installed a seat cover set, and I cannot find a way to release the sliding seat bottom, to fold up like in my 2009

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looking at them, no.
The front seats are not 60/40 split, so these floor mats would not work. Willing to bet the cut out for the center console is also too small, it is definitely not in the right place.

I installed a seat cover set, and I cannot find a way to release the sliding seat bottom, to fold up like in my 2009
Hi, these are for the second roll seatback

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’m interested in them. I looked for them after they came with our ‘22 Bronco Sport

View attachment 2397

·
Premium Member
436 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
There are Velcro on back
you know what happens to a lot of adhesives when heated, make sure yours doesn't liquify up to 220 F(interior temperature of a closed car on a summer sunny day?)
that would piss people off ( :

I will help you R&D, but to be honest with you I just throw an old twin bed comforter up.
it covers everything perfectly, back to the lift gate.
My SUVs are usually more UV, the second row seats are rarely folded up.
you make a one piece swimming pool liner type, with say... 4, or 6" walls? to throw in.
that might have a market for me... make it springy like a windshield shade-travel dog water bowl-or even some cheap beach tents...
where it is easy to collapse when necessary…right?

it couldn't slide around.
it wouldn't need dumb azz velcro(how long have you been alive my friend, most Velcro will fail-sooner than later)
SOLD

The comforters are .50 at a garage sale ( :

.02 fer ya, please don't be offended.

if you make $1 million, I will accept one dollar for my ideas. lol
BTDubs- thank you for choosing escape city as a testing ground. ( :

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you know what happens to a lot of adhesives when heated, make sure yours doesn't liquify up to 220 F(interior temperature of a closed car on a summer sunny day?)
that would piss people off ( :

I will help you R&D, but to be honest with you I just throw an old twin bed comforter up.
it covers everything perfectly, back to the lift gate.
My SUVs are usually more UV, the second row seats are rarely folded up.
you make a one piece swimming pool liner type, with say... 4, or 6" walls? to throw in.
that might have a market for me... make it springy like a windshield shade-travel dog water bowl-or even some cheap beach tents...
where it is easy to collapse when necessary…right?

it couldn't slide around.
it wouldn't need dumb azz velcro(how long have you been alive my friend, most Velcro will fail-sooner than later)
SOLD

The comforters are .50 at a garage sale ( :

.02 fer ya, please don't be offended.

if you make $1 million, I will accept one dollar for my ideas. lol
BTDubs- thank you for choosing escape city as a testing ground. ( :
Oh, thank you for your ideas.
Sorry I'm not sure I understand correctly. You mean the high-quality adhesives would be better than the Velcro?
Also, we are wondering if the one piece will be popular for most owners?
I will bring the idea to the team. Thank you

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Oh, thank you for your ideas.
Sorry I'm not sure I understand correctly. You mean the high-quality adhesives would be better than the Velcro?
Also, we are wondering if the one piece will be popular for most owners?
I will bring the idea to the team. Thank you
If you are insistent on velcro, use high temp adhesive to secure it to your mat. Should you pull them out when it's hot, be sure they stay stuck to the mat and not the carpet.
I don't know what you could replace the velcro with... maybe a wrap over, that could use the installed headrests to secure them?

Have you ever seen a waterbed liner, how they fold up? if you could make a one piece easy to manage, they would sell to people like me, dog owners, even gardeners, campers, fisherpeople could benefit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you are insistent on velcro, use high temp adhesive to secure it to your mat. Should you pull them out when it's hot, be sure they stay stuck to the mat and not the carpet.
I don't know what you could replace the velcro with... maybe a wrap over, that could use the installed headrests to secure them?

Have you ever seen a waterbed liner, how they fold up? if you could make a one piece easy to manage, they would sell to people like me, dog owners, even gardeners, campers, fisherpeople could benefit.
Thank you for the suggestion! It's definitely a huge help for us to improve the product. I will discuss it with the team and see how to make it happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts