Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. :)

As some of you already know, my hubby is out of town on an outage and has to work Thanksgiving. Bummer, but all is not lost. The kids and I are headed down to Seneca, South Carolina tomorrow. Seneca is a hop, skip, and a jump from Clemson University and also Oconee Nuclear Station, where hubby is working. I booked a hotel room for us, with wireless internet access :thumb:

We plan to have Thanksgiving dinner at The Dillard House located in Dillard, Georgia when he gets off work Thursday. According to my hubby, it is about an hours drive from Seneca. He has been there before and says that the food is excellent. Looks very nice on their website, with a great view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have many things to be thankful for, and you wonderful people, here at Escape-City, are very high on my list !!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

So, what is everyone else doing for Thanksgiving?
 

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
Wifey and I will be enjoying our newly tiled kitchen backsplash. Other than that, sitting back and watching football and trying to use the Tahoe as much as humanly possible. I know that Kermit would agree.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,362 Posts
We're driving to Rochester for a party with the in-laws.

That includes about 50 people and enough food to feed a small country.

:p

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Having Thanksgiving here at our new home.......about 20 family members and friends as guests. I hope my turkey comes out good!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
I'm working...

Later in the day I am going over to my brothers' :thumb: . My wife and son are having her Mother (very fragile) over to his place in the early afternoon. Maybe later they will come with me to my brothers' home, depends on how her Mom feels... :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Big Chris said:
What's "Thanksgiving"? :shrug:
My thoughts exactly................. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Basically, it's just another excuse made up by Yanks to have a celebration, unlike us, we just have Christmas, New Years Eve, and Bonfire Night ;)
 

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,621 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Big Chris said:
What's "Thanksgiving"? :shrug:
My thoughts exactly................. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Basically, it's just another excuse made up by Yanks to have a celebration, unlike us, we just have Christmas, New Years Eve, and Bonfire Night ;)
What about Boxing Day????? :box: :box: :box:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
I had yesterday and Thanksgivng off :rockon: As far as Thanksgiving goes we're pretty unconventional. The wife is German, met her in Germany. So she's not much into the Turkey thing and I never really cared for Turkey either so each year we do something different. This year it is Rouladen which is thin cuts of fillet mignon with bacon, onion, and spices layed on top then rolled up into a wrap looking thing then cooked. Along with Potato dumplings, veggies, and desert. I'll be catatonic on the sofa this afternoon! Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Hey JP, you should have a good trip to Rochester, a little wet maybe. But no snow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
weebee said:
I had yesterday and Thanksgivng off :rockon: As far as Thanksgiving goes we're pretty unconventional. The wife is German, met her in Germany. So she's not much into the Turkey thing and I never really cared for Turkey either so each year we do something different. This year it is Rouladen which is thin cuts of fillet mignon with bacon, onion, and spices layed on top then rolled up into a wrap looking thing then cooked. Along with Potato dumplings, veggies, and desert. I'll be catatonic on the sofa this afternoon! Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Hey JP, you should have a good trip to Rochester, a little wet maybe. But no snow.
I never heard of Rouladen, but it sounds really good !!! :yes:

Glad that you have a couple days off, weebee !! :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,740 Posts
It's nice to have a couple days off. Even if it means I have to work this weekend! I used to get Rouledan all the time when I was in Germany. I only get it now on holidays. Have a great day Colleen!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
weebee said:
It's nice to have a couple days off. Even if it means I have to work this weekend! I used to get Rouledan all the time when I was in Germany. I only get it now on holidays. Have a great day Colleen!
Thank you so much, weebee !!

Enjoy your day with your family !! :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top