Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Thanksgiving plans

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Colleen 
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. :)

As some of you already know, my hubby is out of town on an outage and has to work Thanksgiving. Bummer, but all is not lost. The kids and I are headed down to Seneca, South Carolina tomorrow. Seneca is a hop, skip, and a jump from Clemson University and also Oconee Nuclear Station, where hubby is working. I booked a hotel room for us, with wireless internet access :thumb:

We plan to have Thanksgiving dinner at The Dillard House located in Dillard, Georgia when he gets off work Thursday. According to my hubby, it is about an hours drive from Seneca. He has been there before and says that the food is excellent. Looks very nice on their website, with a great view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I have many things to be thankful for, and you wonderful people, here at Escape-City, are very high on my list !!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

So, what is everyone else doing for Thanksgiving?

#2 ·
Wifey and I will be enjoying our newly tiled kitchen backsplash. Other than that, sitting back and watching football and trying to use the Tahoe as much as humanly possible. I know that Kermit would agree.

#7 ·
Having Thanksgiving here at our new home.......about 20 family members and friends as guests. I hope my turkey comes out good!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I'm working...

Later in the day I am going over to my brothers' :thumb: . My wife and son are having her Mother (very fragile) over to his place in the early afternoon. Maybe later they will come with me to my brothers' home, depends on how her Mom feels... :shrug:

#11 ·
camusdarrach said:
Big Chris said:
What's "Thanksgiving"? :shrug:
My thoughts exactly................. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Basically, it's just another excuse made up by Yanks to have a celebration, unlike us, we just have Christmas, New Years Eve, and Bonfire Night ;)
What about Boxing Day????? :box: :box: :box:

#12 ·
I had yesterday and Thanksgivng off :rockon: As far as Thanksgiving goes we're pretty unconventional. The wife is German, met her in Germany. So she's not much into the Turkey thing and I never really cared for Turkey either so each year we do something different. This year it is Rouladen which is thin cuts of fillet mignon with bacon, onion, and spices layed on top then rolled up into a wrap looking thing then cooked. Along with Potato dumplings, veggies, and desert. I'll be catatonic on the sofa this afternoon! Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Hey JP, you should have a good trip to Rochester, a little wet maybe. But no snow.

#13 ·
weebee said:
I had yesterday and Thanksgivng off :rockon: As far as Thanksgiving goes we're pretty unconventional. The wife is German, met her in Germany. So she's not much into the Turkey thing and I never really cared for Turkey either so each year we do something different. This year it is Rouladen which is thin cuts of fillet mignon with bacon, onion, and spices layed on top then rolled up into a wrap looking thing then cooked. Along with Potato dumplings, veggies, and desert. I'll be catatonic on the sofa this afternoon! Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.

Hey JP, you should have a good trip to Rochester, a little wet maybe. But no snow.
I never heard of Rouladen, but it sounds really good !!! :yes:

Glad that you have a couple days off, weebee !! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.