Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a Chevy C10?

Have to say it sounds lovely, looks really cool too with the nose-down, ***-up stance.

It even looks like it has side exhausts, but these may be side bars.

The more I think about it, the more I want a 60s/70s pick up as my next car. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yup, that's a Chevy C10 "Stepside", '75 to '87, methinks.

I dare you to drive it like this in the UK, especially with wifey.

:shock:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, is that a Trans-Am he's chasing? It sure looks like one, but I thought I saw Z28 on the grille, so that'd make it a Camaro wouldn't it?

I do have trouble distinguishing certain 70s Trans-Ams from Camaros. :doh:

Oh yeah. I already drive my Maverick like that, so driving a C10 wouldn't phase me. :)P

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That's definitely a Trans-Am.

If you want, I could rig up a g-force sensor and stuff it inside of an Ozzie doll that screams "By all accounts, I should be dead!" when you hit .9g.

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Ozzie has nose hairs?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Oh yea... definitely a Trans Am. Looks like a '76 based on the location of the fog lights... Saaaaaweeeeet!!!

Here is a good pic in the day light:

And here is a link to the car pictured above: http://www.mcecars.com/index.cfm?auto_id=478

Man I wish I had the garage space for a car like that... :p

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Do what Scottie did.

Build an extra shed in the back yard.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
1 - Don't think the town zoning board would go for that...
2 - Don't think that would fit on my property (only 50x100)... :(

Wonder if I could just knock down the house and build a big Carriage House with living quarters on the second floor... hmmm.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

There's an idea!!!

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Only problem is most towns in the area don't permit kitchens in Carriage Houses. That was the case in the last one I renovated... Hmmm. The neighbors house is for sale. Maybe I can get it cheap... Dang it, then I probably wouldn't be able to afford the Trans Am... :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Buy the Trans Am first, take the muffler off, and run it whenever they show the house.

Their home value will drop in no time. Then you can afford both.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts

:yes: :lol: :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
RobtRoma said:
Oh yea... definitely a Trans Am. Looks like a '76 based on the location of the fog lights... Saaaaaweeeeet!!!

Here is a good pic in the day light:

And here is a link to the car pictured above: http://www.mcecars.com/index.cfm?auto_id=478

Man I wish I had the garage space for a car like that... :p
I was thinking that both the car and the truck are about 76 models. C10 from 1973 had almost no changes till 77. Poncho T/A was in the same boat. C10 from 73-80 models were prone to rust. I had a 73 new. Rusty dog in six months! It had the 454 cid V-8 too. Magnificent underachiever if there ever was one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts