Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:stop:

Don't do it people. Wahlberg's acting is dire. The script is even worse. The premise is daft. It was eerie/creepy in the vein of Shyamalan's best films, the cinematography is great in places & Deschanel is cute. But I walked out of there thinking "what went wrong"?

I'm a fan of all of Shyamalan's previous films, even unpopular stuff like 'The Village' & 'Lady in the Water', but this film just felt like it was rushed, and done on a shoe-string budget. Reports of it being the worst film ever are off the mark IMO, but it was still a pale, pale shadow of his other works.

Overall. 3/10. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
D'OH!

:doh:

Maybe Marky Mark should stick to directing and producing. I can't get enough of Entourage.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what it is. I don't think he's Oscar material. But his performances in 'The Perfect Storm', 'Three Kings' & 'Boogie Nights' have all been fine/good IMO. It's like he wasn't given enough takes to nail it, or the director wasn't giving enough input as to what he wanted. (I pray he didn't want the film to turn out that way!)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Aw, sorry to hear! I was looking forward to watching that!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Sometimes it's a riot to watch a bad movie.

It's even funnier watching someone else watching a bad movie. Have you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000? I really miss that...

And I think we're seeing Get Smart tomorrow night!

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
Sometimes it's a riot to watch a bad movie.

It's even funnier watching someone else watching a bad movie. Have you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000? I really miss that...

And I think we're seeing Get Smart tomorrow night!
Wow! I haven't thought about that show in years. :hyst: I couldn't get enough of it.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
IMO Mark is best in an action movie. :thumb: I can not comment on the Happening, as I haven't even seen the trailer for it :shrug: ...sorry it wasn't "the bomb" for you. I hate to pay out money for second class performances, but it happens to all of us.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hi MadMax. ' Get Smart' ? Yes, i used to follow that program. HA HA! :) How did it go? Agent Maxwell and 99 or something to that effect. Was reminiscing in context of black and white tv down under, before they released colour.

The ' three stooges' were telecast in black and white. Those were the good old days. I would race home on my bicycle after school with about 15 minutes to spare. Their style of comedy was my therapy . ' The Samurai' also became another preference. Shintaro and Tonbei. His assistant was a ninja.

' Kung Fu' with david carradine is another favourite. AAAH! Grasshopper. There is one program in that series, where the nasty bad boys back in the cowboy days, wanted to slap him up a bit. He just kicked their butt with grace and style. The technique was awesome. Mr. carradine is locked in a jail cell. He is meditating on the floor and then begins levitating. That scene freaked me out. The background music to it was appropriate. I interpreted this as being mystical. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
stone said:
' Kung Fu' with david carradine is another favourite. AAAH! Grasshopper. There is one program in that series, where the nasty bad boys back in the cowboy days, wanted to slap him up a bit. He just kicked their butt with grace and style. The technique was awesome. Mr. carradine is locked in a jail cell. He is meditating on the floor and then begins levitating. That scene freaked me out. The background music to it was appropriate. I interpreted this as being mystical. :thumb:
Strange, I almost never watched that series. However, one of the times that I did was that program that you are describing. Maybe I am/was jaded as I never went back to it after that...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts