Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys. I was getting change out to pay the toll today on the highway and a quarter dropped in-between the lower dash and the tray holder on the center console :doh:

I took out a flashlight (not while still on the highway, of course) but couldn't see the quarter. Is there some way to get the console apart so I can get the quarter (and whatever else might have fallen in-between there)?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Is it rattling, or do you need the .25 that bad?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I heard a rattle. Don't know if it was from the quarter though...

It's just annoying...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Squishy posted the console removal procedures here.

Luckily, there's not a lot that a quarter can damage under there (like open electrical contacts).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JP. Can a quarter damage anything, including anything related to the emergency break system?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
There's always that possibility, so I'd try to find it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously? :worry:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Well, while it's not as complex as the console shifter on the 2005+ models, there's always the possibility that it could interfere with the parking brake. It's not really likely, but I'd at least try to find it.

Did you try reaching around the front of the console? It might just be lying on the carpet right there.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I looked everywhere.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish me luck. Tomorrow I am going to try to remove the console to try and find it. I just hope I understand Squishy's directions...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Solved! $0.25 richer now!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Where was it and what did you have to do to get it back?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was under the console. I just took off the covering of the console and lo and behold there it was...

Thanks to Squishy and JP, I am rich!

I also figured there would be more "debris" under there after 6 years of driving. Somehow that one pesky quarter was the only thing.

Anyways, I think now that I know how to remove the console, I am going to take the whole console out of my car and clean the rug underneath. Looked kinda dirty and dusty. That may be a project for next weekend as this current weekend is BOOKED.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
It's always intersting when you give your car a good cleaning under seats and all. That's usually where I find those things I thought were lost forever.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
MadMax said:
It's always intersting when you give your car a good cleaning under seats and all. That's usually where I find those things I thought were lost forever.
Too bad the french fries are all cold and hard! :(

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Did you find Jimmy Hoffa, by any chance?

:shock2:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
Did you find Jimmy Hoffa, by any chance?

:shock2:
No, former relatives from New Jersey always point out to visitors, with pride, the "off-ramp" on the NJ Pkwy where it is, they believe, Jimmy Hoffa is RIPing. :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
They also found him in Bruce Almighty.

:hyst:

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
jpark said:
They also found him in Bruce Almighty.

:hyst:
...and I heard that he was found by Joan Rivers gynocologist. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts