Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's back. The now iconic flick "Who Killed the Electric Car?" is being sequeled. Director Chris Paine is planning a sequel titled "Revenge of the Electric Car" scheduled to hit theatres in 2009. According to Paine "the movie will chronicle the work major automakers are doing to get a second generation of electric cars on the road."

At the end of the first film, "Who Killed the Electric Car?", we saw the untimely demise of GM's EV1, a car with a lot of promise - get scrapped somewhere in an Arizonan desert. In "Revenge…", it appears that we will have a much more happy ending, what with the ginormous turnaround in the auto industry that is putting a good light (and a lot of money) into alternative energy vehicles.

Believe it or not "Who Killed the Electric Car" came out just 2 years ago. What a different world we live in today with Tesla Motors, Fisker Automotive, Miles Electric, Phoenix Motorcars, General Motors and other automakers that already have an electric car or will have one in the coming years.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Two years doesn't seem like a long time, but it's an eternity in the technology biz.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On a car-TV-magazin I saw yesterday, some "expert" claimed that he think's electric cars will hit the road by 2010 in europe. I wonder what took them so long. I'd buy an eletric powered Escape!

A british company built a promising electric-powered Mini that can do 150mph and travel 900 miles before it has to be recharged. (BBC Interview) It's fast too, it'll hit 60mph after 4,5 seconds! :p

Problem is, however, that wheel hub motors used in the prototype are sensitive on shocks and vibrations, which makes the hub the worst place to put a motor in... :roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts